Spoiler - Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

CaptainZero

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Wonder when anything impactful will actually happen

Antonho

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I reiterate that it could have easily ended two chapters ago. It seems like Hori wrote all this at the last minute because he remembered that Sero and Aizawa had been missing for too many chapters.
Horikoshi is tying all the loose ends of everything that was foreshadowed or at least trying to do it. The heroes uniting to defeat a villains instead of acting selfish and trying to be better than other heroes and being inspired by the new generation was hinted multiple times. The real problem was everything that came before this moment. This is ending EXACTLY like Naruto. Horikoshi gave too much power to both the heroes and the villains and this got in the way of actually telling the story, so he had to deal with all of that problem first and now we are going to see the characters being more human and less "shonen tools to generate hype". I think a fair comparison would be that we are past kaguya/madara part of the final arc and entering the last moments of the naruto and sasuke fight were they started to use more well stablished stuff from that world power system. So i'm expecting more call backs to several different moments to their training at u.a and some core character development moments for people like momo, mineta and Ida.

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welp, maybe we get the reveal of the sequel soon: "My accountant academia". The story of how deku became the best deku from accounting.
Lol. Back when he first spoke of giving up OFA I was dead certain it wouldn't be permanent, but... well... I also said there was no way Bakugo could actually be the one to finish AFO, how ridiculous would that be, and this would definitely end with a proper battle between OFA and AFO in the vestige world, and Horikoshi has clowned me at almost every turn.

So you know what, I'm gonna predict that Deku actually becomes a god damn office worker, so hopefully I can be wrong about that as well.

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Lol. Back when he first spoke of giving up OFA I was dead certain it wouldn't be permanent, but... well... I also said there was no way Bakugo could actually be the one to finish AFO, how ridiculous would that be, and this would definitely end with a proper battle between OFA and AFO in the vestige world, and Horikoshi has clowned me at almost every turn.
This is literally what happened. You were literally right

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is literally what happened. You were literally right
I was right about things going into the vestige world, but totally off on how it would go. And people were saying Bakugo would end AFO for years and I thought they were off their heads.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

So you know what, I'm gonna predict that Deku actually becomes a god damn office worker, so hopefully I can be wrong about that as well.
CEO: Good work midoriya, our financial statements were off by a couple cents but thanks to you going through endless invoices for weeks you found the one mistake and everything is now perfect. You've earned your 3% raise this year
Midoriya: *finishes reading a headline about bakugo punching a nazi into space* I thought I was already getting a 5% raise.
CEO: You should be glad a mere accountant even talks to the CEO.
Midoriya: *smiles, sheds a single tear*

I'm with you there, I also called those very things wrong. I suppose technically midoriya is fighting AFO but it's not the real one who disappeared, it's a vestige.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I'm with you there, I also called those very things wrong. I suppose technically midoriya is fighting AFO but it's not the real one who disappeared, it's a vestige.
AFO as we know him was always vestige

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
What? Why? The real one has been around for over 100 years.
Its not that hard to grasp when you remember that Garaki stole his body from MORGUE. All Might didnt miss. He killed him. But doctor somehow managed bring him back. How? By making him Nomu. But unlike Kurogiri he maintains his own personality. It most likely means his vestige took that function.

KOBA

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Deku fighting in All Might T-shirt is kinda cool.

I reiterate that it could have easily ended two chapters ago. It seems like Hori wrote all this at the last minute because he remembered that Sero and Aizawa had been missing for too many chapters.
Horikoshi still need to follow volume format.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Its not that hard to grasp when you remember that Garaki stole his body from MORGUE. All Might didnt miss. He killed him. But doctor somehow managed bring him back. How? By making him Nomu. But unlike Kurogiri he maintains his own personality. It most likely means his vestige took that function.
Hmmm, maybe? The series is playing it pretty loose when it comes to life and death to begin with considering what it has pulled with kurogiri. Given AFO having potentially hundreds of quirks inside of him at the time of his defeat by allmight I think there's wiggle room to suggest it's feasible he could have stayed barely alive for a long period of time.

AmyRose

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Oh, yeah that makes sense. I totally forgot Garaki literally stole AfOs corpse. He wouldn't have to if All Might didn't killed him, right? So AfO is just inteligent nomu but I still don't get how beside half of his head he looked soo normal. But how exactly does this work? Regular nomu are just puppets, you could say they are barely alive. They are more or less biological "robots": they don't have any needs, don't have their own will and when they dosen't have any orders they just lay in wait. Umm, I forgot how those nomus that could talk and had some kind of personality was called but making them sounds very complicated. How Garaki gone from making mindless monsters to quite inteligent monsters if what he did to AfO to revive him was first time he did that? If he already did that to AfO why nomu are stupid and why after reviving AfO making nomu took Garaki soo long?

animeangryfan4

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Still not a fan of Deku becoming quirkless again. I just wish the quirk could get revived into him.
All this assemble is awesome. There was just one scene missing, the fact it was not here gives even more frustration. It probly mean that wont be conlcuded.

And that would have a scene with Froppy and Deku. Deku asking about Uravity. Froppy explaining the tragedy and the hope, how Uravity reached the heart of the damaed Toga and then taken away to hosptial. How perfect it owuld have been if Deku then thought of Uravity and silently begning she will be alright
cause she is important to him.

But, that scene did not happen, so it likely wont be appearing.
All that happens now is after all, the last Embers against AFO.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Horikoshi still need to follow volume format.
He didn't have to fill a volume like this. He could have easily done ten chapters of post-battle and epilogue. It would have been much better than this reheated soup.

KyuKyu555

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I have a theory that the All Might vestige barely survived and absorbed whatever remained of the First User making him the new vestige of One For All.🧐

So what if during Deku’s final attack on AFO the All Might vestige transfers itself back?🤔

EddyBob15

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm holding out hope that the vestiges aren't truly gone forever and are actually buried deep in Tenko's subconscious, and as his last act defiance against his 'master', Tenko will transfer them back to Deku, with his parting words being "The world needs crazy heroes like you".

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I have a theory that the All Might vestige barely survived and absorbed whatever remained of the First User making him the new vestige of One For All.🧐

So what if during Deku’s final attack on AFO the All Might vestige transfers itself back?🤔
All Might vestige punching AFO on face and winning again gonna be epic