Shounen - Black Cat by Yabuki Kentaro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Black Cat by Yabuki Kentaro

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
^_^

Just because. :P

Anyway, here's where you can discuss all you want on the manga Black Cat. For those who aren't aware of it, Black Cat is about a young man called Train Heartnett, who used to be part of an assasination group called Chronos.
Due to certain events, *which will be explained bit by bit, by the mangaka* he leaves his place as a Chronos Number, and continues his living as a Sweeper alongside his partner, Sven Vollified.

The manga has about 20 volumes, and is already finished. You can download them off lurk. *God bless Lurk* The mangaka, Kentaro Yabuki, has indeed expressed wanting to create a second part of Black Cat.

Which I hope he will.

He didn't give the characters much developments. Which is quite sad, since the characters are frikkin lovable. >[ Anyway, I'm hopnig Yabuki does continue. The ending of Black Cat was most definitely somehow mroe of an opening to another beginning, really. Alot of characters still needed their time in the lime light, while many things still needed to be explained.

Anyway, here's to hoping.

Anyhow, discuss away! Remember not to spoil recent chapters/volumes. I know a few people still somewhere in the middle of the manga. XD

Oh, I created this thread since AYM wanted to discuss stuff ^_^
aznyellowmonkey said:
NOOOOOOOOOO its OVER!!!! Its really good series though... gonna miss this series =(

but i have been hearing about black cat afterglow??? think there going to be another series???
I'm hoping so. =/

aznyellowmonkey

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Black Cat Manga Discussion

lol nice nice

I was just wondering does anyone have any information on "black cat afterglow"???

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I've been looking around, and:

http://www.stoptazmo.com/showthread.php?t=3598

is all I could get. >_> From another forums, nonetheless. XD But I'm pretty much excited. Wait, scratch that. I'm fuckin' excited.

I'll gather up some more info, if I can. Seems pretty much interesting. XD

aznyellowmonkey

Reaction score
Country
United States

lol thx!!!

damn i really hope he starts it soon!!! I can't freaking wait!!!!!

well i'll "try" to look for some info too :smile-big

EDIT: just wondering what do you guys watch the anime??? IF so what did you think about it?
Well for me i thought the storyline of the anime was alirght-good (but not even CLOSE to the manga) however i HATED the animation of the fights..we could barely see what was going on!!! those are just my thoughts what do u guys think

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Woohoo! That'll be awesome, thanks. ^_^

Dang...I hope he does include backgrounds of the characters this time. XD

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Black Cat Manga Discussion Thread

Ah, so they finally finished Editing this series, eh? Well, that's one project down then :amuse

Guess I'll be working on reading more of these volumes next, then. I'm at volume 8 but what the heck, I'll try to finish it up this weekend ^^

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Guess I'll be working on reading more of these volumes next, then. I'm at volume 8 but what the heck, I'll try to finish it up this weekend ^^
Have you? :amuse XD

So what are your thought now it's over? O_O

Someone told me that a novel was released, but he didn't think it was written by Yabuki. T_T I'm still hoping to see more of the under-rated characters...[br]Posted at: April 27, 2006, 02:24:12 AM_________________________________________________Extra chapter of Eve after chapter 185. ^_^

http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Q29GIIJRSATJ2HQ0ES5FJQ8XM

oneseyespy

Reaction score
Country
United States

Black Cat was phenomenal.

ariadne

Reaction score

this manga was okay for me. i had fun relating the characters in this manga to manga characters while reading it. janus's technique is kinda similar to kazuki of getbackers. train is too much like spike of cowboy bebop and so is his partner to spike's partner. so for me, balck cat is amusing and a fair read.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Still meandering my way through Black Cat, I'm afraid. I'm on volume 10 now, but it's sort of one of these manga I'm just reading every now and then when I have nothing else to do. But I did download the rest of the series and have them all on my drive ^^

Reloaded

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score

i love it this is one of the best manga ive read i hope he makes the sequel he was saying on the last chapter.
just a question was black cat in shonen jump?

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Yeah~, Black Cat was featured in Shounen Jump indeed, but i think for Black Cat 2 to happen, we'll at least have to wait for To Love-Ru to end ( but don't worry, that doesn't like a series that'll drag on very long, even though it's really popular and funny ) :p

Btw, Kyoko was featured in a recent TLR chapter, on tv they had a new program: "SUPER-HOT MAGICAL GIRL KYOKO! SOLVING ALL KINDS OF PROBLEMS BY BURNING THEM!" ~~<3[br]Posted on: October 13, 2006, 07:18:31 PM_________________________________________________
ariadne said:
this manga was okay for me. i had fun relating the characters in this manga to manga characters while reading it. janus's technique is kinda similar to kazuki of getbackers.
Yeah~, everyone seems to say that when i talk about how awesome Janus is... XD
Can't say i've read GetBackers though---...

qwertyuiop112

Reaction score

haha_lmao

Reaction score

heyyy does anyone know where to find the 2 side stories where train meets sven and the other where Eve gets her sweepers license

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy

haha_lmao said:
heyyy does anyone know where to find the 2 side stories where train meets sven and the other where Eve gets her sweepers license
They are on #lurk.

firey_kai_gurl

Reaction score

Ive read the entire manga and watched the show and I love it >< I had no idea there was a novel!

KyleUchiha

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

It has a lot of similarities to one of my favorite mangas, and I like the type of heroes like Train, so I enjoyed this manga. But I really felt so much more could have been said regarding the Chronos Numbers. They really could make another major arc concerning them. I hope the author goes back to this manga.