Favorites - Best COMPLETED Manga that you have read... | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Best COMPLETED Manga that you have read...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
usagi drop, huh? really liked how it was going, really didn't like how it ended...but it's one manga i'll never regret reading.

finished Hoshi no Samidare, and its wonderful, exactly what shounens should be like
The ending is definitely memorable. I'm still not sure how I feel about how it ended but I think back on the series fondly so I must be ok with it.

Definitely #1 on the list of series whose endings made me go...

---------------------------------------------

Also need to add Angel Densetsu I hadn't read that until I saw it mentioned by Nindo and gave it a try. Really great series.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Tsubasa reservoir chronicle would always be on my list and also Spiral the Bonds of Reasoning. Will have to think hard about a few more Id considered best.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
There are quite a few that I like, eg. Suzuka, Yakitate Japan, Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, Switch, Psyren, Prince of Tennis, Kateikyou Hitman Reborn, InuYasha, Immortal Regis, Great Teacher Onizuka, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cooking Master Boy, Bukuman, and the .Hack series.

:super

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bakuman is a great won, especially once they got things rolling along. Ive reread it a few times too, wordy but still so enjoyable.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My list (not ordered) of favorite finished mangas is:

- Bakuman
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Hikaru no Go
- Ibara no Ou (King of Thorns)
- Koisome Momiji
- Slam Dunk

Those were which I have the best memories about the entire series and the final.

Last edited:

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Best completed ones are probably the works of Urasawa and Matsunaga, but Matsunaga is the best, he keeps his series short, to the point and EPIC at the same time.

So without further ado, required reading for all manga fans that are looking for a good story that is short and completely well done:

Bakune Young
Ryuuguuden

By far the best completed series I have ever read.

jasna

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
my two favorites are fullmetal alchemist and Monster (by urasawa naoki). between the fullmetal alchemist more; the story just wrapped perfectly in the end; it's as if the author had the entire story in mind before starting out.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
my two favorites are fullmetal alchemist and Monster (by urasawa naoki). between the fullmetal alchemist more; the story just wrapped perfectly in the end; it's as if the author had the entire story in mind before starting out.
Is the monster manga like the anime or different, i made it halfway through the anime, but then just lost access to them since the dvds never finished. Have kind of had an urge to finish the story.

jasna

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is the monster manga like the anime or different, i made it halfway through the anime, but then just lost access to them since the dvds never finished. Have kind of had an urge to finish the story.
Monster manga is pretty much like the anime. anime started only after the manga has completed so there are no filler episodes or anything - it follows the original story very closely. i personally like the manga better but it's probably because i started out with the manga first.

Duval

Reaction score
Country
United States
Off the top of my head, the first to come to mind is Ciguatera. It just really hit me in the gut, especially the final chapter.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Would have to put Konya mo Nemurenai on mine, since it just completed and was essentially one of the best BL experiences Ive ever read all these years. Sure it was light and kind of slow paced potentially but it made the relationship that developed all the more special. Beyond that it had good demon v demon action going on in the background and soon the main picture to spice it up and make it much better than any traditional bl fantasy type story. It was great.

theruleofflaw

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Here's some of mine.
Mirai Nikki
Tonari no Atashi
Another
Mars
Cradle of Monsters
Eden no Ori

Mr. Arashi

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
Yeah, sure it has a good ending.

I don't recall titles right now but every Umezu's work is worth to be put in "best completed" rank. That guy has the best narrative abilities in all manga's history.

eliena

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I have finish reading rave master black cat flame of recca trust me this 3 manga is complete and very2 nice story

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

Bakuman ? If I'm not bothering you can you plase tell me what is baluman manga about ?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's the synopsis from MyAnimeList

"Moritaka Mashiro and Akito Takagi are pretty much foils of each other. Mashiro, an average 9th grade student but talented artist, and Takagi, an overall advanced 9th grader and aspiring writer. After great convincing, Takagi convinces Mashiro to join him in becoming the greatest mangakas Japan has ever seen. Takagi, with his gift of writing, hopes to become a successful mangaka, and Mashiro, with his gift of art, hopes to marry the girl of his dreams, Azuki Miho."

It's essentially a slice of life-y series following the life and career of a mangaka. With a colorful cast of characters he meets along the way.

shinsengumi

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Shin Angyo Onshi
Blade Of The Immortal
Shigurui
Deadman Wonderland
Fullmetal Alchemist
Houshin Engi
Kekkaishi
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Beelzebub
Hellsing

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ive yet to get through more of the beelzebub continuation, I dont want to accept it as ended.

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ive yet to get through more of the beelzebub continuation, I dont want to accept it as ended.
Just re-read the Furuichi chapter and then re-read the epilogue and you're done. :cookiehand At the end of the day the side stories are not required reading, you can easily skip them and enjoy Baby Beel's first words being "Dada" and "Furuchin". :teehee

Hm best completed manga...I still feel Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro is the best completed manga I've read. I re-read it now and then and I really enjoy everything up until the end.

I want to include Liar Game as well because if you ignore the WTF ending the rest of the manga is pretty damn good!

OH and how could I forget Monster ?! :facepalm I loved Monster, its really a 10/10 manga for me!

Asclepius

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
ZE
Hybrid Child
The prince of Tennis
Kuroko no Basket
Ouran Highschool Host Club

fuurin

Reaction score
Country