Hangout - Berserk General Discussion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

eQuek

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Re: Berserk Discussion Thread

Evil is to me more like, killing people for no good reason. Though I can't really say that covering up your own mistakes are a good reason =/  But since he did it for the sake of his dream then I feel like it's more justified (more justified, but still not justified... wth am I trying to say? )
Anyhow KaiserRyuujin as you said Griffith is a calculating efficent leader and wouldn't it be wisest to take down all threats as soon as possible? Schierkes master would've died in a matter of time if he'd just left her alone but he didn't. He decided to kill her to erase all possibilities for any opposition against him. So with this point of view, sending an army to erase all sorcerers wouldn't be far fetched?

Griffith as a weak scared child... he does remind you of one sometimes. After he nailed Charlotte he seemed like one. :p

But it makes you wonder, what would've happened if Gutts wouldn't have left? :blink

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen

eQuek said:
Evil is to me more like, killing people for no good reason. Though I can't really say that covering up your own mistakes are a good reason =/  But since he did it for the sake of his dream then I feel like it's more justified (more justified, but still not justified... wth am I trying to say?
Well I don't know what you're trying to say, but following this logic Hitler had a dream too (or any butcher in history for that matter), and he killed people for the sake of his dream.
Seriously, you can't defend Griffith. I'm not saying that anybody else wouldn't have done the same thing, after all we must all carry some sort of evil, and everybody can act selfishly and use others as stepping stones, even if it costs life. Still it makes you evil. You might say "Oh but it is necessary", well call it necessary evil if you like, it's still evil.
The point is, your vision of Griffith is not wrong, but your conception of evil is (or to the least different of mine).

eQuek

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Right... this point of view of mine is merely in this manga. Killing is of course wrong in all ways irl. But in the berserk world I don't really feel the same way. You just see Gutts slaying enemy after enemy... you cant really get emotional for every single one.
Taking a psychopathic killer as an example is just wrong, imo, when we're discussing manga. And I have never even said that "it's okay to kill if you have a dream", I just said that I feel it's more justified (but still not justified... no1 except for me understands this probaply...)
Let's say that zero is neutral and everything over it (+1, +2, +3 and so on) is good while all the negative numbers (-1,-2,-3 and so on) are evil.

-5    -4    -3    -2    -1   0  +1   +2   +3   +4   +5

Then let's say that murder is the worst thing (-5)
But when it's for some better reason then it becomes more justified so it could move up to -4.
This is still evil, but it's better than just mindlessly killing people.

Anyway to get back to the topic. Do you or do you not believe that Griffith will attack Elffeinhelm

EDIT. fixed some spelling mistakes

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen

That scale is hilarious :amuse

The problem is that we have no idea what Elfenheim exactly is. We now that the so-called fairy-king (why Puck never mentioned it before is beyond me, but hey that's Puck!) is there but that's all )for all we know it might even be an apostle, who knows). It seems to eventually pose a threat to Griffith, but what he wants is a kingdom, not necessarily the whole world. Elfenheim seems to be a land that is detached from the quirrels of others, otherwise it would have been involved already in more ways than one. So Griffith wouldn't attack it, unless something he wants is there.

eQuek

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

AlbatorBis, I couldn't think of any other way of showing what I was trying to say :p
Anyways if Elfeinhelm now is a place faaar away then Griffith shouldn't attack it, as you said. But still... it feels like some big fight must occur there :P
Maybe the kushans? Or they're maybe more focused on taking over midland atm...

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

eQuek said:
Anyhow KaiserRyuujin as you said Griffith is a calculating efficent leader and wouldn't it be wisest to take down all threats as soon as possible? Schierkes master would've died in a matter of time if he'd just left her alone but he didn't. He decided to kill her to erase all possibilities for any opposition against him. So with this point of view, sending an army to erase all sorcerers wouldn't be far fetched?

Griffith as a weak scared child... he does remind you of one sometimes. After he nailed Charlotte he seemed like one. :p

But it makes you wonder, what would've happened if Gutts wouldn't have left? :blink
Griffith only knew there was a sorceress, and knows their abilities. What he didnt know was the current condition of said magic user. So he did the smart thing and sent his two most destructive warriors, Zodd and Grunbeld along with a crap load of apostles. The sorceress was in "his land" and had the possibility of threatinging his dream, so what was done was done. I did always kind of see Zodd/Grunbeld as being like replacements for Gutts with in the Hawks now, though Zodd a little more then Grunbeld, I say Grunbeld because when you see him with out the helm he resembles Gutts a bit. But Grunbeld doesnt quite have that look of madness while in combat like Gutts. :p

When I spoke of Griffith being weak and scared like a child I was refering to his mental state. Because with Gutts leaving he saw his dream his claim to a kingdom shattering away, so he goes to do the most drastic thing to attempt in keeping his "dream" alive. But all he does is gets himself tortured and turns a once respected group into a bunch of hunted criminals, all because Griffith had a lapse in judgement and got his friends pretty much crucified.

Eh, who knows. Can predict and make all the assumptions we want until we are all blue in the face but none of it will make it true. But I prefer the path that has been taken. Because Gutts needed to find another purpose in life, all he had was combat, ate, slept, breathed it all his life. While everyone else, Judeu, Corkus and such, had some kind of life before the Hawks, they did what they wanted and were satisfied now to be in one place. Gutts wished for something of his own and tried to seek that out but found where his place was.

Okay, my rants done.

Kaervas

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Does anybody knows about the popularity of berserk in japan?

I mean, the manga is running since earlys 90', and i would hate to see it unfinished or with a hasted ending :(

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Berserk is probably the most popular series running in Young Animal, so I would seriously doubt it would ever be canceled.

If it was ever in danger of this the manga would have been canceled long ago when Miura started taking frequent hiatus'.

fe10

Reaction score
Country
United States
Berserk Anime

Is there gonna be a new berserk anime or a continuation, or is a repeat of the berserk anime ? I ask because I seen hints in the latest raw manga.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Re: Is this why we dont get so much berserk ?

LOL

I wouldn't give this conspiracy too much weight.

I wouldn't know why there would be one either.

The artist for Jackals is a Korean manhwa author named Kim Byung Jin.

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel

maybe the mangaka just likes berserk so he wanted to make a tribute to it this way? :P

erikrhys

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

it is probably just a coincidence, or the mangaka is just showing his love of berserk.

Absolutio

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Israel

a well deserved love ;)
It happens sometimes, that people put stuffs from other peoples stuffs as a tribute. Can't give exactly an example atm, but it does happen. So it's either a coicidence or a tribute to berserk. definitly not a conspiracy.

Higatron

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm going with a coincidence, It's not similar enough to be a tribute, and they aren't exactly the most unique symbols ever.

the d

Reaction score
Country
Israel
how dos berserk manga have only 288 ch'?

how dos berserk manga have only 288 ch'?

for instent naruto manga is 366 and air from abut 2000

berserk manga is from the 90' and have less...

sorry im a noob :)

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: how dos berserk manga have only 288 ch'?

that's cause berserk's mangaka takes a lot of breaks. like the next chap, it's going to be out on september. sad that we have to wait far too long for such a great epic series

tigerporc

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

I would say, a tribute would be if the Brand was used instead...

jackwallis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: how dos berserk manga have only 288 ch'?

its not just that, although it doesnt help... Berserk is released once every 2 weeks(not including holidays and what not) so it takes twice as long to release the same amount of chapters.