Semifinal - Beach Volleyball Tournament - Tanegashima/Sanada vs Tokugawa/Kadowaki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Beach Volleyball Tournament - Tanegashima/Sanada vs Tokugawa/Kadowaki

Tanegashima/Sanada vs Tokugawa/Kadowaki

• Tanegashima/Sanada

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Tokugawa/Kadowaki

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Semifinals
-
Tanegashima/Sanada vs Tokugawa/Kadowaki

Sanada serves first.

Please make sure you've read the rules before posting.

This round ends in 48 hours on Tuesday, September 16 at 12:20 PM GMT.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
It wasn't really a good idea to pair Tokugawa with Kadowaki. Tokugawa can't win all the match by himself.

Easy win to Tanegashima/Sanada pair. Sanada serves first. He can just aim at Kadowaki and win it.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
If we assume that Tokugawa can more or less solo Ohmagari and Inui, I don't see why it'd be impossible for him to do the same against Tanegashima/Sanada. Like previously discussed, Mu shouldn't be useable the same way it is in tennis and if we're talking about physical stats, Ohmagari is actually the same as or better than Tanegashima everywhere. And while Sanada > Inui, I still don't see Tanegashima/Sanada being coordinated in any way really which should be factored in.

If Sanada only serves at Kadowaki, even assuming Kadowaki is so terrible that he can't do anything about the serve, it's also super predictable, so Tokugawa should still be able to step in.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
If we assume that Tokugawa can more or less solo Ohmagari and Inui, I don't see why it'd be impossible for him to do the same against Tanegashima/Sanada. Like previously discussed, Mu shouldn't be useable the same way it is in tennis and if we're talking about physical stats, Ohmagari is actually the same as or better than Tanegashima everywhere. And while Sanada > Inui, I still don't see Tanegashima/Sanada being coordinated in any way really which should be factored in.

If Sanada only serves at Kadowaki, even assuming Kadowaki is so terrible that he can't do anything about the serve, it's also super predictable, so Tokugawa should still be able to step in.
Thing is, that atm you've already explained that you belive that Kishin Oni = Tanegashima, so he should be able to survive a volleyball GSs right? Or he needs a racket no matter what to do it? Even if Shuuji and Ohmagari are close in stats (the main difference is that the latter has WAY less Mental, which is a pretty big deal actually), Tanegashima still has more to offer thanks to his incredible vision for fast moving objects.

Also, if it's Sanada serving, a BA serve (that would be an auto point if Sanada wasn't a dumbass and decided to use it to hit the ball to the ground) should be WAY harder to deal with than a Waterfall.

I see this being a lot closer than ¨lel Sanada serves to Kadowaki and wins¨, I wouldn't discard a win for either team.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I don't remember saying it'd be a one sided slaughter. I don't think Sanada could use KnA in that manner because the ball should already be on the other side before he could finish the second motion, so I don't think it's a deal breaker actually.

I think a pretty decisive question is how we think Tanegashima would handle AnS. On the one hand Tanegashima is supposedly able to return everything, on the other hand it did work on Byoudouin. I dunno about GS, I think it'd be fair to assume that Tanegashima could return it, on the other hand Sanada probably wouldn't get up any more even if he were hit only once.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Sanada has fast arms, I don't even doubt he can do it lol

Isn't AnS just a stat boost?

I think Sanada would survive but he would be almost useless for the rest of the match yeah.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
In order to do what you described he'd have to finish his serving motion and then lift his arm again to hit the ball down. I dunno, I have my doubts personally. If you want to argue that he could hit it upwards or maybe to the side or something, I could see that - in that case I don't think it'd be unreturnable though.

I don't think so (any more). It seemed to manipulate the shot's path in some way, but it's hard to tell what it does do exactly.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Well, if he can hit 5 bao, I really don't see why he can't do 2 smash movements that fast.

I always saw Asura as something like Ultimate Gohan from DBZ. Like, you play your absolute best but you're not doing anything really special, lol. Maybe in some years (hopefully) we'll know what it is.