Beach Volleyball Tournament - Tanegashima/Sanada vs Irie/Niou | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Beach Volleyball Tournament - Tanegashima/Sanada vs Irie/Niou

Tanegashima/Sanada vs Irie/Niou

• Tanegashima/Sanada

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Irie/Niou

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Round 1
-
Tanegashima/Sanada vs Irie/Niou

Sanada serves first.

Please make sure you've read the rules before posting.

This round ends in 48 hours on Monday, September 8 at 12 PM GMT.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I somehow doubt that Shuuji and Irie can move as effortlessly on sand as they normally can on a court.

I'm also unsure if Mu, KnA, or Phantom would work nearly as well with a volleyball.

While Irie should be able to stand up to Shuuji and Sanada, the manga shows that Niou's a bit outmatched by them. So, overall, even though Mu isn't as deadly on a volleyball court, given that it's a smaller court, I'm still going to favor Shuuji/Sanada, but only because Niou is the weakest player here. Shuuji and Sanada are good enough to focus their attacks on/at Niou, and Irie can't defend everything on the court, even if he has no regular blindspots (according to KnS). If Sanada and Akutsu, two players with better footspeed, and you're slower on sand than on a court, even though the beach volleyball court is smaller, can't touch Mu, I doubt Niou can.

All of that said, it really comes down to the HSers. It's hard to say how much Shuuji or Irie would actually care, because it's merely beach volleyball, not tennis. Even when they play tennis, they both screw around. Their titles are the Star Performer and the Pierrot, respectively, which is reflected in their play on the court. However, Shuuji seems to refuse to lose, so even if they both clowned around at the beginning, I think that it would become serious by the end. I'll favor Shuuji or Shuuji/Sanada in a matchup against Irie, even though Mu probably isn't as effective with a volleyball. A lot of techniques probably only work with a racket.

Given that this is beach volleyball, it could really go either way. If Shuuji sloughs the whole thing off because it's not tennis, well, then Shuuji/Sanada would lose.

Last edited:

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It'd be an easy win if Niou can turn into Tezuka and then just suck Tanegashima/Sanada into a Tezuka Zone like Tezuka did in the hypothetical 'what if the winners went to the mountain instead' arc. But outside of that I don't see how they're supposed to overcome 2 guys with pretty insane overall stats, since the overall stats tends to imply better physical ability, and none of the characters involved seem to have techniques that's particularly useful in volleyball. I think Sanada would be a good defender with Zan, and beyond that it'd just be a battle of pure stats. Maybe Irie and Niou can both fake an injury, but this isn't soccer.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I don't see Irie offering anything in this match.
Sanada can appear anywhere to reach the ball and hit it hard with Rai.
Niou can use TZ but I guess Shuuji can use Mu to negate this.
It seems like an easy win for Tanegashima/Sanada pair.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I think Mu should be pretty useless. The beach court is a lot smaller than the usual court, I don't think Irie or Niou will have trouble covering the area. A ball with no spin in volleyball actually means a ball that is extremely easy to spike up and smash at the enemy. Mu is still good for handling Tezuka Zone/Phantom though

I don't know who win yet though. But I think Sanada chemistry with others aren't so good. He smash his partner face before.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Also, consider that the net is a lot higher than in tennis, so Irie and Niou would have forever to get to a Mu return - the only thing Mu can be used for is setting I think. Furthermore, Tanegashima has already shown that it's quite possible to mess with Sanada's head and that's something Irie should be capable of too, especially since he can use Niou's Illusion to agitate Sanada or whatever (e.g. Tezuka or Yukimura).