Semifinal - Beach Volleyball Tournament - Nakagauchi/Tooyama vs Ochi/Oishi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Beach Volleyball Tournament - Nakagauchi/Tooyama vs Ochi/Oishi

Nakagauchi/Tooyama vs Ochi/Oishi

• Nakagauchi/Tooyama

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Ochi/Oishi

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Semifinals
-
Nakagauchi/Tooyama vs Ochi/Oishi

Tooyama serves first.

Please make sure you've read the rules before posting.

This round ends in 48 hours on Sunday, September 14 at 12:20 PM GMT.

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Ochi/Oishi Pair might edge Nakagauchi/Tooyama pair.
Mental assassin should crack Nakagauchi.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yeah but Tooyama serves first, do you think Ochi is good enough to return his Mountain Serve? (I personally think he is but I dunno).

Philia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
^It's not tennis. I think Ochi can return Tooyama's serve (unless it breaks his hand). I doubt he'll be able to do that on tennis.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
^It's not tennis. I think Ochi can return Tooyama's serve (unless it breaks his hand). I doubt he'll be able to do that on tennis.
Tennis or not, if we're translating the moves from the series into Volleyball, it works out even worse for Ochi.
Since its a ridiculously powerful smash and you can't let the ball bounce so Ochi has to take that Super Mountain serve straight on. As long as Kintaro hits it at Oishi then its game-set.
Oishi is a weak-wristed guy. So the moment it becomes Kintaro's serve, it could potentially be over.

However both Oishi/Ochi have sensational court coverage so it'd be a really good match in Volleyball or Tennis provided Tooyama has no TnK.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Well, I think any member of the G-10 could be good enough to return it (yep, even Mouri, and maybe even Fuwa and Date) so I don't think it's too crazy to imagine Ochi can return it yeah.

Oishi can't return it without a doubt so we kinda have the same situation as in the last game (except that Oishi can actually do something). But in the end if they manage to break Tooyama's serve and if Mental Assassin takes him or Nakagauchi out, it should be over.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Tennis or not, if we're translating the moves from the series into Volleyball, it works out even worse for Ochi.
Since its a ridiculously powerful smash and you can't let the ball bounce so Ochi has to take that Super Mountain serve straight on. As long as Kintaro hits it at Oishi then its game-set.
Oishi is a weak-wristed guy. So the moment it becomes Kintaro's serve, it could potentially be over.
True... but volleyballs are also bigger, which might decrease the damage inflicted. Also, you don't defend with your wrists in volleyball, you use your forearms (unless Oishi has to dive into the serve or something, but that would be suicidal)