Discussion - Art Contest Schedule and Theme Suggestion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Art Contest Schedule and Theme Suggestion Thread

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I really like the idea of a combo, it would make room for some interesting entries and it would be a different challenge...

I wonder if people would be open for a more personal theme... something like a self-portrait, or favorite character, or reinterpreting other artist's piece...

HimuraMechniza

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I really like the idea of a combo, it would make room for some interesting entries and it would be a different challenge...

I wonder if people would be open for a more personal theme... something like a self-portrait, or favorite character, or reinterpreting other artist's piece...
these are also interesting, and there`s a space for fantasy!

Adorien

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
I suggest a... face contest. Like the ones some people made in the Show Me thread in the Fun Forum. Contestants try to make a particular face (happy, sad, grumpy, "not bad" face) and whoever made the best, funniest, etc, wins. xD

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I suggest a... face contest. Like the ones some people made in the Show Me thread in the Fun Forum. Contestants try to make a particular face (happy, sad, grumpy, "not bad" face) and whoever made the best, funniest, etc, wins. xD
Hehe, the idea is interesting. Hm I guess it'll fall under the category of photography, no? Or it can be drawings as well?

Adorien

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Hehe, the idea is interesting. Hm I guess it'll fall under the category of photography, no? Or it can be drawings as well?
Well I was thinking of it as making an actual face, and it wouldn't be so much a photography contest, because for a such type of thing, the photo quality and editing wouldn't play up. But if not a photography one, then I dunno how it'd be categorized. xD I just thought that that way a lot of people could have fun without having to do much and that people that don't draw and don't use Photoshop, aren't photographers, etc, could have an option to join, you know? And have fun!

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
We could make that work, Adi xD But I agree with Phi, it'd prolly be a photography contest^^ And since those are art contests, we gotta assume people would vote based on the artistic appeal/aspect of the piece xD The comical part could be a boost, as it was in the meme drawing contest. Maybe a facial or expression photography contest would do it? And I hope that people wouldn't be shy about it xD I mean, maybe we'd have to leave it open for them to submit other people's pics (if they get the propper permission for it).

HimuraMechniza

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I don`t think that facial contest could be in drawings thread o-o`

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Oh, I think it could! It could also help those who aren't that good at drawing, by make them practice with sketches of the human face. But I'd prefer to see a facial contest on a photography category^^ (you wrote thread, but I think you meant category/contest, right? xD)

HimuraMechniza

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Oh, I think it could! It could also help those who aren't that good at drawing, by make them practice with sketches of the human face. But I'd prefer to see a facial contest on a photography category^^ (you wrote thread, but I think you meant category/contest, right? xD)
Sure:))

So, nothing was chosen for drawing contest yet?

Last edited:

HimuraMechniza

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I have already suggested on previous page. And now impatiently waiting for results)

IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
Re: Art Contest Theme Suggestion Thread

You guys might be aware of a rather popular Deviant : http://jon-lock.deviantart.com/
Humanifying sites have been a pretty popular thing to do but has anyone tried to do it for Managhelpers.com?

This is an awesome site and it deserves its own human/any live thing version :x3

IxNxFxIxNxIxTxE

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
You mean like drawing a person that would be MH's personification? That would be a cool theme for a contest, indeed xD A rly creative one!
Yes, I already have in mind for a design~
I hope this isn't considered cheating haha
MangaHelpers already has a designated font design so it should be fun to play with it to create a personification :)

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Re: Art Contest Theme Suggestion Thread

You guys might be aware of a rather popular Deviant : http://jon-lock.deviantart.com/
Humanifying sites have been a pretty popular thing to do but has anyone tried to do it for Managhelpers.com?

This is an awesome site and it deserves its own human/any live thing version :x3
That's really interesting, I like it :)
It would be nice to see how people's feelings translate into it...

Yeah, we'll be sure to have an autumn related contest soon ;)

Last edited:

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
Hm, maybe a short story in which you have to describe a certain scene as good as possible? Or should I offer a concrete theme? :<

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hm, yes, panda, I think you could be more specific on that, I don't now if I get exactly what you suggested, could you explain a little bit more?

I'd like to suggest a 1001 nights theme (Arabian nights).

Could either be a drawing contest, or an avatar and sig one.
Oh, that's nice! It's hard for something like that to cross my mind, I always have more generic stuff in mind

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think what Panda meant is just a description, it's a rather common exercise in writing. However it needs to be more specific, perhaps describing a scenery or a building...something like that.