American Politics | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Not if we get Trump, and Cruz seems to be an idiot. I don't know about Jeb, but he can't be worse than George. Given 9/11 happened under Bush, a Republican, and the economy started tanking, not so sure about that. But then, Obama's actions towards education and insurance didn't help either.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not if we get Trump, and Cruz seems to be an idiot. I don't know about Jeb, but he can't be worse than George. Given 9/11 happened under Bush, a Republican, and the economy started tanking, not so sure about that. But then, Obama's actions towards education and insurance didn't help either.
Obama made terrible decisions that made America unsafe and makes us an easy target for terrorist attacks since he gives no apparent justice outcomes for insurgents. Look how many terrorist attacks weve had while he has been in office, its terrible. And worst countries make fun of us for being unsafe.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Obama made terrible decisions that made America unsafe and makes us an easy target for terrorist attacks since he gives no apparent justice outcomes for insurgents. Look how many terrorist attacks weve had while he has been in office, its terrible. And worst countries make fun of us for being unsafe.
Mostly white terrorism. Only one attack was directly motivated by our foreign policy, and that was the Boston Bombing. The latest in my home state of Tennessee was a multi-factored shooting that was entirely "home-grown;" it actually was a coincidence he was Muslim. Obama has been far more aggressive military-wise than Bush in many ways. He pulled back full-scale war but that's because it was destroying us financially. He still has unleashed drone hell on the Middle East. And what countries make fun of us for not being safe? Other than internal violence, we have some of the best security from foreign attacks (mostly because of our geographic isolation honestly however).

You are just repeating nonsensical talking points from Fox News or conservative newspapers. Republicans make us more prosperous? I hate the Democratic Party for the corporate party they are, but Bush allowed us to plow into a GLOBAL recession; our banks caused the crash. Saying Republicans managed the economy better doesn't even begin to make sense. Bill Clinton had highest surplus in the last half-century (though it turned out to be a bubble...go figure :eyeroll).

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What kind of terrorist attacks? I only recall the Boston bomber, which is nowhere near the scale of 9/11 World Trade Tower and Pentagon. I disagree with Obama's stance towards immigration, probably one of the few things I actually agree on with the Republicans, but America has been safer than it was under Bush. We don't have the anthrax scare. If anything, more white people have committed acts of terrorism than our enemies.

What country? I've only heard most other people praising Obama for how he's handling the country. It's Americans that get made fun of.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
What kind of terrorist attacks? I only recall the Boston bomber, which is nowhere near the scale of 9/11 World Trade Tower and Pentagon. I disagree with Obama's stance towards immigration, probably one of the few things I actually agree on with the Republicans, but America has been safer than it was under Bush. We don't have the anthrax scare. If anything, more white people have committed acts of terrorism than our enemies.

What country? I've only heard most other people praising Obama for how he's handling the country. It's Americans that get made fun of.
Even in todays debate, some of the candidates expressed concern that there will be even more terrorist attacks in America due to murky foreign policy endeavours by Obama and the democrat candidates.

Best quote from todays debate was Santorums "Compassion is in our laws" about illegal immigration.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Republican candidates? Of course, they'll oppose almost anything Obama says or does, especially to curry favors amongst the Nobama people. Wasn't that obvious when Cruz was against net neutrality and claimed it was the Obamacare of the internet? I also don't understand de-funding Planned Parenthood, that's so dumb.

Eh, my opinions on illegal immigration is actually in line with Republicans/right wing/conservatives. One of the very few things, actually. But I can understand Obama's point, he doesn't believe in breaking up families, especially when people risked everything for better life in US.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was wondered how others countries handle immigrants. I asw on the cbs evening news people trying to get into england (thousands+) and the fence their from some channel tunnel constantly be broken down and police monitoring. Though I guess here people are not in the open about it.

I think Mr Trumps idea of a wall is a bit short sighted. The drug lord was able to dig out of prison so I imagine people could be able to dig under the wall. Also hasnt in history a wall that was erected around some city had people dig under it as well.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I would not mind a huge wall and possibly resorting to shooting illegal immigrants just to stop them. What do they really offer to the country? What if these illegal immigrants try to do what white settlers and Europeans did and kill us Americans to take our land?

Trump's idea of anything is dumb, honestly. I'm voting for Bernie Sanders, but I still have an uneasy feeling because he seems like a nearly perfect candidate. What if he turns out to be another "Palpatine"?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
...what does that even mean?
I guess he does not want death star debris falling upon unsuspecting ewoks.... The ework population still has not recovered from the last time....

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Joe Biden and All Gore are both considering jumping in on the Democratic ticket. LOL That combined with Sanders' popularity may very well kill Clinton's campaign before the primaries even begin. Won't be as popcorn worthy as the GOP but it'll still be great when the sparks start flying.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Black Lives Matter supporters interrupted Bernie Sanders' rally twice, but it made Bernie Sanders address the platform and hire a BLM supporter to help him.

Whereas, Trump threatened to beat up BLM supporters if they interrupted his campaign.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The BLM movement was completely wrong there to prevent him from speaking. Someone who wasn't even "against" their cause. The same thing happened to O'Malley as well, but he handled it wrongly, which isn't the first time he's severely mishandled public stuff.

There are going to be some serious serious issues with Hillary Clinton running honestly...

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't think they were entirely wrong. I mean, lots of black men and women are dying, and it seems barely anything is being done about it. They likely wanted a president who'd tackle the issue or at least, address the issue. BLM supporters were likely fed up and chose to hijack rallies to force candidates to address the issues.

I wonder if Israel vs. Palestine will be brought up.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I don't think they were entirely wrong. I mean, lots of black men and women are dying, and it seems barely anything is being done about it. They likely wanted a president who'd tackle the issue or at least, address the issue. BLM supporters were likely fed up and chose to hijack rallies to force candidates to address the issues.

Most BLM supporters are liberals. It doesn't help your cause to be hostile to the most liberal candidate in a race. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

When is it not brought up...?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its always a hot button issue but I'm not sure if it will be the case this time.
Most likely the issue would be in the ball-park of 'how to deal with terrorism / ISIS'.
And the Israeli v Pali situation could be brought up via piggy back.

@ Gary / anyone
Does any of the candidates that are up so far catch your interest?

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
No, not really. They start this process way too early as it is...I can't be fucked to pay attention too much. I seriously doubt I'll vote Republican though, none of the candidates seem decent.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The BLM movement was completely wrong there to prevent him from speaking. Someone who wasn't even "against" their cause. The same thing happened to O'Malley as well, but he handled it wrongly, which isn't the first time he's severely mishandled public stuff.

There are going to be some serious serious issues with Hillary Clinton running honestly...
They interrupted, but they didn't stop him from speaking. That was not their intention. Sanders himself *chose* not to speak and *sent* someone from backstage to announce that he wouldn't. They're not the first protesters ever to interrupt a political event. They're also not the first protesters from the left to interrupt a democratic event. Practically every human rights or protest group has done that kind of thing over the years, to multiple candidates. This year it just happens to be the Black Lives Matter movement that has that much steam behind it. Unfortunately this became an issue exactly because Sanders himself chose not to speak.

Whatever else you say about him, when Obama was interrupted on the campaign trail (or when giving speeches), he was sure to acknowledge the protesters and if he was sympathetic (or at least wanted to be seen that way), he'd even answer or echo them from the podium. Had Sanders either let them have their 4 measly minutes of silence, or even had security remove them, but didn't refuse to speak, this wouldn't have become as big of a deal. If clueless people in the audience weren't recorded repeating the phrase "How dare you call me racist!" it would have helped a lot as well. What Sanders has done is send a message that he may be somewhat economically progressive, but he doesn't understand or doesn't care about how anti-black racism was *intentionally* harnessed by powerful people to entrench America under the exact economic conditions all Americans live under today. He has a partial solution, but lacks a deeper understanding of the big picture.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Most BLM supporters are liberals. It doesn't help your cause to be hostile to the most liberal candidate in a race. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

When is it not brought up...?
Speaking up is better than doing nothing at all. And at least, Bernie took action and actually hired a BLM supporter to help him. I don't understand how that's cutting off the nose, it's more like shaking a sleeping limb to wake it up. And again, it showed what kind of a person Bernie is with what he did.

Oh. I hope there are Palestine supporters.

llamapie

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Still probably will vote for Sanders. Lesser of the four evils.
My biggest problem with Sanders is that he is pretty much copying speeches almost verbatim from the likes of Lenin, Hitler, and Mao. Talking the worst of the worst in fascists and communists, systems that have historically created nothing but abject suffering and poverty.

We need someone who understands what it takes to create a booming economy and someone who understands that economies grow DESPITE the government not BECAUSE of it. Who may that be? Well anyone who advocates the "same old same old" is definitely not getting my vote. That covers a majority of the candidates on both sides of the isle.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Speaking up is better than doing nothing at all. And at least, Bernie took action and actually hired a BLM supporter to help him. I don't understand how that's cutting off the nose, it's more like shaking a sleeping limb to wake it up. And again, it showed what kind of a person Bernie is with what he did.

Oh. I hope there are Palestine supporters.
BLM deserves 0 respect. They're as much of a hate group as the KKK is. Why anyone is giving them the time of day is beyond my understanding as a logical human being. I don't know of anyone who doesn't support Palestine, but what many don't support is how they invested and trusted their government to be run by a terrorist organization in Hamas.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

No, not really. They start this process way too early as it is...I can't be fucked to pay attention too much. I seriously doubt I'll vote Republican though, none of the candidates seem decent.
As a libertarian myself the most appealing ones so far are Ben Carson and Rand Paul. Ben because he is a lot like Trump in terms of not being a politician but different in the fact he is actually a respectful human being. Rand Paul actually stands for liberty and his record shows that, plus his tax reform plan is awesome.