Spoiler - Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion

Aniela

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Not sure if we can discuss chapter 158 here already... in any case, spoilers are out, I just wasn't able to find full scans (Korean or other), so I'm withholding my final judgment for the time being...

However, judging from the translation alone, there's going to be some interesting stuff, but some pretty stupid stuff as well.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Regarding chap 158....

Im quite happy that we’re finally moving along the plot and the author is dishing out some potential confrontation between keishuk and yona group. I do hope we get that confrontation... i’d be very disappointed if taejun sneaks them out of saika just before we get some action.

lindananahayashida

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Not sure if we can discuss chapter 158 here already... in any case, spoilers are out, I just wasn't able to find full scans (Korean or other), so I'm withholding my final judgment for the time being...

However, judging from the translation alone, there's going to be some interesting stuff, but some pretty stupid stuff as well.

it seems like we will be seeing the effect of yonas actions for sometime..

how its influencing soo won n royals.. n common peoples..

it looks like fire wind water are already on yonas side.. sky isn't completely on soo wons side either.. hes just a better choice than ll for them..

question is.. will she use this to take responsibility.. or run away.. hints are that soo won n yona will clash soon is hinted in 158 from my point of view.. maybe not direct clash..

it also seems like keishuk got something on soo won.. for won to be giving him so much importance even tho he himself is more Intelligent.. maybe some sort of debt.. or secret..

it would be funny if yona came from out of nowhere n said "soo won.. you are not worthy to be this country's king anymore" lol.. like she said to fire tribes ex general.. n then her body guards will slaughter won for her :p

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
it seems like we will be seeing the effect of yonas actions for sometime..

how its influencing soo won n royals.. n common peoples..

it looks like fire wind water are already on yonas side.. sky isn't completely on soo wons side either.. hes just a better choice than ll for them..

question is.. will she use this to take responsibility.. or run away.. hints are that soo won n yona will clash soon is hinted in 158 from my point of view.. maybe not direct clash..

it also seems like keishuk got something on soo won.. for won to be giving him so much importance even tho he himself is more Intelligent.. maybe some sort of debt.. or secret..

it would be funny if yona came from out of nowhere n said "soo won.. you are not worthy to be this country's king anymore" lol.. like she said to fire tribes ex general.. n then her body guards will slaughter won for her :p
I think the only one who is clearly on Yona s side is the Wind Tribe. I would say that the Generals may have also a say in the process and I wonder how many people would prefer a 16 year old girl as the king, who knows next to nothing about that topic.

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I think the only one who is clearly on Yona s side is the Wind Tribe. I would say that the Generals may have also a say in the process and I wonder how many people would prefer a 16 year old girl as the king, who knows next to nothing about that topic.

tbh..

for cizitens of kouka: it has to do with hiryuu being the founding legend n yona being his reincarnation..

for readers: it has to do with the story being told from yonas point of view..

n with due time i see. lily n tae jun being general (or at least have enough control over joo-jin n kyo-ga to convince them support yona).. so.. yona should get enough support.. n theres xiing as well if she needs to use some force..

also.. it seems like by the time yona becomes ruler.. we wont see her doing much.. as the story would reach its end soon after she becomes ruler.. besides soo won will probably solve all the big problems before he steps down..

Last edited:

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
tbh..

for cizitens of kouka: it has to do with hiryuu being the founding legend n yona being his reincarnation..

n with due time i see. lily n tae jun being general (or at least have enough control over joo-jin n kyo-ga to convince them support yona).. so.. yona should get enough support.. n theres xiing as well if she needs to use some force..

also.. it seems like by the time yona becomes ruler.. we wont see her doing much.. as the story would reach its end soon after she becomes ruler.. besides soo won will probably solve all the big problems before he steps down..
It is true what you say that Yona may become the ruler for the sole reason of being the main character.

However, if something like this happens where Su-won does all the hard job of putting the country back to its feet and Yona just takes over a well doing country and there will be some hint of her ruling smoothly and peacefully after it, I will absolutely hate this ending.

It already looks like Yona and co. can only be big heroes when their enemies are utter fools that present a laughable challenge.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
tbh..

Lily and Tae Jun are not the generals and I don t think that Lily will inherit the position as the general.

As for the perspective: Sure the story is presented from Yona s point of view, but it would be still a strange development if a person that doesn t understand anything of ruling a country does a decent job, if it is presented at the beginning that her father was bad at the same thing. And the difference would only be that Yona is the reincarnation.
The message would be laughable, since Yona would only be a "good ruler due to her being the reincarnation of King Hiryuu." Poor Kouka since Yona won t live forever.
The country will inevitably fall into despair since ( The Fire Tribe are supposed to be descendants of King Hiryuu and aren t better in their virtues or skills than the other tribes. And Yak shi ( the son of King Hiryuu) was clearly not the best ruler himself) her descendents would fail in filling out her role.
The message of the manga would be worse than that of any fairy tale, since good people don t make a decent ruler, but you have to be reincarnation of a Dragon God.

I wonder how the reincarnation is able to do it, when the original failed? King Hiryuu was not able to establish this country without murdering thousands of people.

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It is true what you say that Yona may become the ruler for the sole reason of being the main character.
While I am all for Soo-Won becoming King, since the writing clearly indicates that he should (why show him as a good king otherwise?) I am going to play devil's advocate here and say that while Yona doesn't have all the knowledge of ruling, she does have the following:

1) Natural leadership skills
2) The ability to inspire others to change
3) Potential good set of advisors in form of Zeno and Yoon - strategic and civil and Hak and Jae-ha- military who we know will NEVER betray her and will lay their lives down for her.
4) Dragons that are equal to an entire army.
5) Backing of Wind Tribe, and members of Fire tribe and Water tribe, and now looks like some people of the fire tribe also

Update: Oh I also want to add that now she has basically travelled the whole country and has seen first hand how things work now. She is also incredibly empathetic.

Knowledge is not the only prerequisite to lead - you need to have the characteristics and advisors too which Yona in my opinion has.

However, if something like this happens where Su-won does all the hard job of putting the country back to its feet and Yona just takes over a well doing country and there will be some hint of her ruling smoothly and peacefully after it, I will absolutely hate this ending.
Well, we all know that Yona and co helped him a lot (iza seeds, awa drug problem and most recently Xing without bloodshed), but we have had these conversations several times before.

It already looks like Yona and co. can only be big heroes when their enemies are utter fools that present a laughable challenge
But Yona and Soo-Won have the same enemies so I don't get this point.

I wonder how the reincarnation is able to do it, when the original failed? King Hiryuu was not able to establish this country without murdering thousands of people.
The point of a reincarnation is to do things differently. Anyway, since Hiryuu did not want to be a king by the end of it and also had to kill many people, I believe Yona will choose a different path which we can see she is doing already. Even Zeno said Yona should choose the path she wants to.

Last edited:

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
While I am all for Soo-Won becoming King, since the writing clearly indicates that he should (why show him as a good king otherwise?) I am going to play devil's advocate here and say that while Yona doesn't have all the knowledge of ruling, she does have the following:

3) Potential good set of advisors in form of Zeno and Yoon - strategic and civil and Hak and Jae-ha- military who we know will NEVER betray her and will lay their lives down for her.
4) Dragons that are equal to an entire army
5) Backing of Wind Tribe, and members of Fire tribe and Water tribe, and now looks like some people of the fire tribe also

Knowledge is not the only prerequisite to lead - you need to have the characteristics and advisors too which Yona in my opinion has.
Sure, however knowledge and skills are the basics for that task.
Besides the problem is that she needs that knowledge and skills right now and not in 10 years, while Soo Won already has acquired that skills and knowledge.
While I think that some people might wish for it due to Yona being the reincarnation, I wonder how many people would support it. As it is his rule has benefitted many people by feeling more secure and the criminality seems to drop as well.
So why bother changing that?

Well, we all know that Yona and co helped him a lot (iza seeds, awa drug problem and most recently Xing without bloodshed), but we have had these conversations several times before.
Indeed. I think that Awa and the Water tribe could have been managed by Soo Won s resources alone, though the help of the HHB was an advantage.
In Xing their help is debatable...but I think that was already discussed.

The point of a reincarnation is to do things differently. Anyway, since Hiryuu did not want to be a king by the end of it and also had to kill many people, I believe Yona will choose a different path which we can see she is doing already. Even Zeno said Yona should choose the path she wants to.
Indeed, but the reincarnation has similar conditions as the original and it would be quite strange that the girl found the answer without acquiring any skills or knowlege, solely based on her being the reincarnation, if the original king didn t found the answer.

I wonder why Kusanagi didn t let Yona learn other things...She was a good person and her wish to help the people is a great thing. But she cannot stay "Robin Hood" for all eternity.
On the other hand she was not interested in administration since the beginning of the manga and that was nearly 160 chapters ago.
So how is that girl supposed to present the "solution"?

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Sure, however knowledge and skills are the basics for that task.
Besides the problem is that she needs that knowledge and skills right now and not in 10 years, while Soo Won already has acquired that skills and knowledge.
While I think that some people might wish for it due to Yona being the reincarnation, I wonder how many people would support it. As it is his rule has benefitted many people by feeling more secure and the criminality seems to drop as well.
So why bother changing that?
Yona has traveled the whole country now, and has first hand knowledge about her people....if what is missing is administrative skills then Zeno or Yoon can take over those until she properly learns.

The people basically care if their ruler is feeding them and keeping them safe. They aren't particularly attached to Soo-Won.

Indeed. I think that Awa and the Water tribe could have been managed by Soo Won s resources alone, though the help of the HHB was an advantage.
In Xing their help is debatable...but I think that was already discussed.
The HHB was a major advantage as Soo-Won had to expend far less resources. Plus Iza seeds was Yoon's idea. Xing was basically solved with minimal bloodshed.

Indeed, but the reincarnation has similar conditions as the original and it would be quite strange that the girl found the answer without acquiring any skills or knowlege, solely based on her being the reincarnation, if the original king didn t found the answer.
We don't know Hiryuu's full story to determine that he didn't find an answer, maybe he wanted something and that got carried forward to Yona's lifetime. We would need to wait for the manga to finish to see what it is.

I wonder why Kusanagi didn t let Yona learn other things...She was a good person and her wish to help the people is a great thing. But she cannot stay "Robin Hood" for all eternity.
On the other hand she was not interested in administration since the beginning of the manga and that was nearly 160 chapters ago.
So how is that girl supposed to present the "solution"?
I still think the experience she has had in all these chapters is shaping her into a good leader. She need not be a Robin Hood but she can be a warrior princess by the end of it.

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland

4) Dragons that are equal to an entire army.

Update: Oh I also want to add that now she has basically travelled the whole country and has seen first hand how things work now. She is also incredibly empathetic.

My problem is not that Yona cannot be a good ruler. With time she can become a good ruler, but I would hate it if there was no solid build-up to it.

In other words it is not that a hate the idea of Yona becoming the ruler. I hate the idea of it being executed in a half-arsed way where Su-won does the job of putting the country back to its feet, ok Yona helped, but still it was Su-won who took care of corrupted and inefficient administration, which means that he did most of the job.

I would not mind if for example: Yona became the ruler, but had to struggle with administrative, diplomatic, military problems, deal with people who are not convinced that a sixteen year old girl is suited to ruling the country and had to face problems with Su-won’s supporters who are not amused that she became the ruler.

What would she do if a rebellion or a war broke out and she was unable to convince the other side to coexists peacefully?

If she becomes the ruler, but it will be shown that it is not an easy sailing for her and that she needs to take tough decisions, no problem.

But Yona and Soo-Won have the same enemies so I don't get this point.
Not really, Su-jin and Li-Hazara were ultimately defeated by Su-won and they were the most decent enemies in the series.

Yona recently had Gobi. The lamest villain in this manga who basically should take the biggest credit for making peace between Xing and Kouka happen.

And now Keishuk is behaving like a dumb ass making it easier for Yona. One chapter he is concerned about what people think and their opinions and the next chapter his almost running over a little girl and not giving a damn. If he cared so much and had some brain, he would stop and pretend that he cares.

Last edited:

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Yona has traveled the whole country now, and has first hand knowledge about her people....if what is missing is administrative skills then Zeno or Yoon can take over those until she properly learns.

The people basically care if their ruler is feeding them and keeping them safe. They aren't particularly attached to Soo-Won.
Neither are most of them to Yona. I would go even further and say that this is their main issue and interest. Feeding and keeping them safe. Why should they risk it by placing a person on the throne who likely would not be able to fulfill that role due to lack of knowledge and skills? And Yoon is 15 years ( He is a clever person but he would need as well further education) and Zeno ( as much as I like him was not the best adviser it seems).

The HHB was a major advantage as Soo-Won had to expend far less resources. Plus Iza seeds was Yoon's idea. Xing was basically solved with minimal bloodshed.
Awa and the Water Tribe would have been possible by only taking Soo Won s resources into account.
Yan Kum Ji was an official and Soo Won would have been able to displace him.
Soo Won had to track down the other sources of Nadai...if he was able to accomplish that then it is safe to say, that he would have been able to get rid of the problem in Sensui.
We don't know Hiryuu's full story to determine that he didn't find an answer, maybe he wanted something and that got carried forward to Yona's lifetime. We would need to wait for the manga to finish to see what it is.
Zeno tells us so. Hiryuu died since he was tired of all the battles and even after his death we see that the battles continue ( The part with Yak shi) So yes. He didn t find a solution.

My critism would be that the mangaka could have achieved it by letting Yona acquire more useful skills as a king. She would be a decent warrior, but not a decent ruler.

I still think the experience she has had in all these chapters is shaping her into a good leader. She need not be a Robin Hood but she can be a warrior princess by the end of it.

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
i personally think yona is getting links that are needed to get infos as a ruler..

1.she has built trust with wind tribe

2.rust with fire tribe

3.trust with water tribe

4.trust with foreign country

5.n now soo wons most influential informar ogi is getting closer to yona..

with all these.. n 6 exceptional people on yonas side.. n with the knowledge she is slowly acquiring.. she has the technical needs that a ruler needs.. like soo won has..

but the problem is the nature.. she is still similar to ll for most larts.. sure she showed she can be aggressive at times.. but her commitment lacks compared to soo won..

that guy was willing to throw away everything for his country's sake(soo won) i dont see yona being able to do that.. even at the end of the series..

so for me.. she will never be as committed ruler as soo won.. but the thing is.. king ll completely destroyed the kingdom.. the trbies dont get along.. their king wont aid for war.. people are starving.. nations are plotting..

i dont see all these problems once soo won steps down.. so yona will be in much better position than won is eight now when she succeeds..

the thing is.. soo won is hurting.. he is only holding back his emotions because he set his eyes on the goal.. once its achieved.. he will break down.. the guilt.. sadness.. i personally think death is the real peace for soo won n zeno..

so.. i see yona taking the thrown since soo won isnt there anymore.. making her succeed the thrown as an obligation because she cares about her country would be a good way..

tho my happy ending is soo won n yona marries for the countrys sake n eventually falls in love.. mutual love this time around :p

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
My problem is not that Yona cannot be a good ruler. With time she can become a good ruler, but I would hate it if there was no solid build-up to it.

In other words it is not that a hate the idea of Yona becoming the ruler. I hate the idea of it being executed in a half-arsed way where Su-won does the job of putting the country back to its feet, ok Yona helped, but still it was Su-won who took care of corrupted and inefficient administration, which means that he did most of the job.

I would not mind if for example: Yona became the ruler, but had to struggle with administrative, diplomatic, military problems, deal with people who are not convinced that a sixteen year old girl is suited to ruling the country and had to face problems with Su-won’s supporters who are not amused that she became the ruler.

What would she do if a rebellion or a war broke out and she was unable to convince the other side to coexists peacefully?

If she becomes the ruler, but it will be shown that it is not an easy sailing for her and that she needs to take tough decisions, no problem.
Well yes, I agree with you which is why I feel she will not become the ruler at the end. If Kusa wanted she could have probably taken the story in the direction above, and maybe even given her some prior knowledge in administration and what not. If she had the inclination to become a ruler, she might have studied on the go, or asked Zeno for the same on how to rule.

But when people say that she "can't make a good ruler" I disagree...she has natural inbuilt traits, is empathetic and can inspire others. So if there were to be a time skip...where they show her as an effective leader after some years...it would be horrible writing because we wouldn't see her journey but not unrealistic. There are several other people at court who can advise her with administrative and military matters such as a rebellion or a war.

In fact, Soo-Won taking decisions without taking too much advise is not very realistic, but has been purposely shown to make him an invincible leader...but even he has flaws which I talk about below.

Zeno tells us so. Hiryuu died since he was tired of all the battles and even after his death we see that the battles continue ( The part with Yak shi) So yes. He didn t find a solution.

My critism would be that the mangaka could have achieved it by letting Yona acquire more useful skills as a king.
What I am trying to say is that, maybe this is why Yona does not want to be a ruler. It was maybe Hiryuu's desire not to rule in the next life and try to live happily. Being a ruler does not equal to happiness, which is clear in Soo-Won and even Il's case.

We can see that Soo-Won is a good leader, but even he has his flaws- namely lack of empathy and looking for the swiftest ways possible to attain peace without calculating the bloodshed, to achieve this goal. He also isn't able to let anyone inside the depths of his heart, and that might effect his rule later on. Does he let his people into his heart the way Yona does? I know one might argue that being stoic is good because you can take rational decisions, but then I remember that chapter where the common people were saying war never benefits the common people, only the people who rule them. I don't know if Soo-Won has fully accepted his people in his heart yet, above his goal of making Kouka strong. Which also makes me ask the question - what is he doing it all for? Is he doing it to fulfill his dad's dying wish? I think he needs to find this answer and maybe Yona can inspire him to do this. Soo-Won also fails to realise the impact that gods and the priests have on the people (probably inherited from Yu-Hon), which will come back to bite him if the fire tribe wants Yona as the queen.

Update: Also he has issues to solve of his own personal guilt, and the fact that he said he doesn't intend to sit on the throne. He himself wants to throw it away as @lindananahayashida pointed out. So what is his resolve? He needs to figure it out.

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

It already looks like Yona and co. can only be big heroes when their enemies are utter fools that present a laughable challenge.
well.. i get your point.. but the thing is.. yona doesn't have to be as grest as soo won in solving matters.. in fact she doesnt have to be as good as soo eon to even be a good ruler.. since we all know by this point that soo won is much more capable than kings of other nation who has muvh more experience..

i believe.. we wont get much complex matters once yona becomes the ruler.. it will most likely be part of a happy ending.. the emotional part that is..

besides.. soo won is not necessarily needed under normal circumstances.. it was implied on multiple occasions that "right now" we need this king.. from o think..

so he is a king who is needed to get a vountry back on its feet from a position where it seems like it will parish anytime.. but uonce kouka becomes strong.. i dont see any reason for him to stay as king.. even sky tribe might stop supporting him as well..

n i believe yona can take care of kouka once it escapes deaths door.. n keep improving it by time..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@lindananahayashida pointed out. So what is his resolve? He needs to figure it out.
i believe he wants to make kouka strong enough to counter foreign invasion.. n join the five tribes.. thats been stated a few times..

he only sees the throne as a mean to achieve that goal.. sitting on the throne is certainly not his desire or goal.. so thats why he said that..

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
i believe he wants to make kouka strong enough to counter foreign invasion.. n join the five tribes.. thats been stated a few times..

he only sees the throne as a mean to achieve that goal.. sitting on the throne is certainly not his desire or goal.. so thats why he said that..
Yes which brings me back to my point, what is his resolve to rule after that is done?

This is where I think Yona will step in and make him realise what his resolve is.

Something like "If you intend to bring this country back up and throw it all away, then kill yourself at this very moment."

Maybe then he will rethink his priorities and why he he was doing all of this in the first place, and let his country's people in his heart and not only his goal.

I hope it's something like this because I don't want him to die and be cliche :P

Update:

Oooh thought of something really dramatic:

So basically Hak (if he is the shield) will throw himself in front of an arrow or something to protect Soo-Won. I think this will really happen because we can see Hak struggling to accept Soo-Won as a King. This will be an act that shows he finally accepts it.

Yona will run to him, and look at Soo-Won. Soo-Won will be shocked and say "no, this is not how it was supposed to be. It was supposed to be me not him."

Then Yona will look fire the shit out of him, telling him he has been doing a good job and is a good King and even Hak risked his life to protect him despite everything and this is what he says? Then she will say if you don't want to be take responsibility and live and be king, then kill yourself at this very moment. Then Soo-Won might come to his senses.

Ofc Hak will survive and live happily with Yona, if he doesn't half of the fandom will throw a fit :P.

Lots of drama right there

Last edited:

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
But when people say that she "can't make a good ruler" I disagree...she has natural inbuilt traits, is empathetic and can inspire others. So if there were to be a time skip...where they show her as an effective leader after some years...it would be horrible writing because we wouldn't see her journey but not unrealistic. There are several other people at court who can advise her with administrative and military matters such as a rebellion or a war.

In fact, Soo-Won taking decisions without taking too much advise is not very realistic, but has been purposely shown to make him an invincible leader...but even he has flaws which I talk about below.
Yes, people may advise her, but I wonder how Yona would feel about sending people to a battlefield where they may die.

As for Su-won's advisors, yes he should have looked for intelligent and knowledgable advisors, which is way I don’t like the scene with Keishuk in the last chapter. It looks like he is being dumbed down.

@lindananahayashida I think it would be a bad writing if there were no proper build-up and I agree with @SamuelDean that it would look bad. In the beginning of the manga it is shown that being nice is not enough and then suddenly at the end of the manga it would be shown that this is enough to be nice. It would just not fit the beginning of the story. If Kusanagi wanted to go for such a fairy-tallish ending, she should have made a different beginning that would fit better.

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Yes which brings me back to my point, what is his resolve to rule after that is done?

This is where I think Yona will step in and make him realise what his resolve is.

Something like "If you intend to bring this country back up and throw it all away, then kill yourself at this very moment."

Maybe then he will rethink his priorities and why he he was doing all of this in the first place, and let his country's people in his heart and not only his goal.

I hope it's something like this because I don't want him to die and be cliche :P
i think he is stopping himself from regretting what he has done to yona n hak.. its obvious soo won still cares about them just as muvh as he used to.. but the feeling is not mutual anymore from hak n yonas side..

he said he doesn't wish to die peacefully.. so maybe he will be backstabbed once his purpose is served..

have a real confrontation against yona n co. n fall in the battle.. thus executed later on..

or simply die of a disease.. since his mother was also ill.. it would make sense in a way if he got it too.. n thats why he isnt interested in marriage as he suspected because of the illess loes in family he might not live long..

to me.. making any drastic change in soo wons character would be a bad idea.. n forcing him to stay as a king after all he gave to his nation.. n like asking him to sufder till he dies n serve the country..

he seems like the guy that will tire out once he served his purpose..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@lindananahayashida I think it would be a bad writing if there were no proper build-up and I agree with @SamuelDean that it would look bad. In the beginning of the manga it is shown that being nice is not enough and then suddenly at the end of the manga it would be shown that this is enough to be nice. It would just not fit the beginning of the story. If Kusanagi wanted to go for such a fairy-tallish ending, she should have made a different beginning that would fit better.

well she already showed that she can be cruel as well.. as she killed kumiji..

and also threatened tae-jun that she will not hesitate to take his head off if he doesnt retreat with his army n decides to carry on the attack.. (kinda similar how soo won threatened li hazara tbh)

she also attempted to kill soo won

so yona is not completely nice either.. but the problem is.. she is not committed to keep that attitude.. it only comes when its about people she knows personally.. n not in general..

also.. tbh.. as much as i like the story.. the execution from yonas part always seemed not very good writing for me..

1.yona got to kumiji first
2.got to nadai dealer first
3.fire tribe problem first
4.xiing problems first

so far.. soo won always came later in the events.. aside from the fire tribe battle.. but even in that case.. they faught the 2k army first? lol!

yona has always had it easy somehow.. so i wouldnt be surprised if she got the throne just easily either..

Last edited:

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
to me.. making any drastic change in soo wons character would be a bad idea.. n forcing him to stay as a king after all he gave to his nation.. n like asking him to sufder till he dies n serve the country..
I think it would be a nice development for Su-won if he broke out of his suicidal thoughts, found enjoyment in administrating the country and ended up living happily, likely together with Lily, contrary to his predictions.

The cliché braking scene that @Mini_kinkin come up with is quite nice. I would like to see something like this in the manga.

lindananahayashida

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
I think it would be a nice development for Su-won if he broke out of his suicidal thoughts, found enjoyment in administrating the country and ended up living happily, likely together with Lily, contrary to his predictions.

The cliché braking scene that @Mini_kinkin come up with is quite nice. I would like to see something like this in the manga.
tbh.. kill yourself right now.. seems a bit cliched to me xD n for such simple words to change the mind of a person as firm as soo won would be weird..

id rather yona says something like.. "what you did to the previous king was treason and unforgivable.. however i wont forget what you did for this kingdom.. as mercy.. you will only be exiled.."

now that would be a good way to show that how good yona is as a ruler.. that she isnt going to ignore someones crimes no matter how much good deeds they did afterwards or how close they are to her..