Spoiler - Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler Akatsuki no Yona Spoiler & Chapter Discussion

mmmrazorz

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Yeah we should wait and see. Now that the dragons and Yona are living in the castle with Soo-won, we should be able to to get more hints on what the author intends within a few chapters or so.

Ah you bring up a good point! To see a lack of reaction on Kyesook and Joo-doh about Soo-won’s reservations on marriage and an heir imply they’ve already had this discussion before and know more about what is up with Soo-won. It’s hard to tell if they know so far as who Soo-won intends to succeed him though...

I just can’t think that Soo-won has anyone else in mind bedsides Yona (and Hak since they are in love and it’s inevitable they will marry). He has seen the people’s love for her and the influence she has had over solving many of the country’s conflicts so far.
There really isn’t anyone else that could compare.
Sure, I agree we have seen no evidence of her having any skills in the actual administration of ruling a country (especially with Hak). But if Soo-won is dying or something and he doesn’t have much time to search he would choose them. After all, not every ruler comes into power ready. They could learn along the way and with an advisor as you guys say. They are both still teenagers with plenty of time to get better

Yeah I think this chapter shows the dragons are a bit too exalted as holy beings to receive judgement by the general populace lol
Yeah some people mention Tae Jun but i was like nope not him lol. That guy was actually relieved when Kai truly attacks his own country just so he can save face. Yet fandom loves him just because he is on yona's side now.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Feels like this chapter has Soo-Won concede to Yona, and now Hak will rise thru the ranks to be a worthy general/King? Man, I really hope this is a calm before the storm...

Best part was clearly the Guen Tae joke regarding Joo-Doh's bachelor status :teehee

BlackstarSkywalker

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Feels like this chapter has Soo-Won concede to Yona, and now Hak will rise thru the ranks to be a worthy general/King? Man, I really hope this is a calm before the storm...

Best part was clearly the Guen Tae joke regarding Joo-Doh's bachelor status :teehee
Geun-Tae trolling Joo-Doh from time immemorial 😂

Trjpyo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Chap 185...

suwon is sick, could he have a seizure disorder(epilepsy) bec it seems he was biting his tongue, hmmm... I remember that disney actor who died, cameron boyce, who had it since he was little.

i am sorta disappointed that the only time we get a soowon related chapter, its revealed that hes dying. Its like the author is saying ‘dont get too attached’

if... it truly is epilepsy... i can already sense the stigma in ancient times, it being god’s punishment and demonic possession

and u know what else is inevitable? The forgiveness part bec the shoujo heroine has to forgive the sick dying enemy to uphold all her good virtues.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chap 185
regarding keishuk... If i were a mere foot soldier who experienced first hand the horror of war and almost left for dead, wouldnt i harbor ill will towards the dudes who pushed for war- like yuhon? And whats up with judoh? dont tell me he also doesnt know that soowon is sick

i wonder how keishuk will react if suwon will name hak or someone other than him as king.

and... Soowons only thinking about hak. Isnt that romantic

Last edited:

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
regarding keishuk... If i were a mere foot soldier who experienced first hand the horror of war and almost left for dead, wouldnt i harbor ill will towards the dudes who pushed for war- like yuhon? And whats up with judoh? dont tell me he also doesnt know that soowon is sick
You would have to question how things are on a deep level and joining an army was a way to advance in society, so it makes sense for Keishuk to be so fiercely loyal to Yu-hon.

Yeah, it looks like Jodo knows nothing about Su-won's problem, which convinces me that it was not planned from the beginning and the whole revelation is an asspull.

and u know what else is inevitable? The forgiveness part bec the shoujo heroine has to forgive the sick dying enemy to uphold all her good virtues.
I definitely imagined something different for their confrontation and less cheesy.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I definitely imagined something different for their confrontation and less cheesy.
Yeah me too. chronologically i thought we were gonna have the long awaited yuhon-il-soowon backstory first. Yona has to make sense of that first and then the emotional turmoil comes second. I thought the illness would be the last card. But after chap 185 it seems none of the backstory or justification matter anymore bec hes sick and dying and the deathbed forgiveness is right around the corner. ‘Just forgive him, he’s dying anyway‘. What a perfectly good way to ruin years of anticipation for that big revelation

mmmrazorz

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Chap 185...

suwon is sick, could he have a seizure disorder(epilepsy) bec it seems he was biting his tongue, hmmm... I remember that disney actor who died, cameron boyce, who had it since he was little.

i am sorta disappointed that the only time we get a soowon related chapter, its revealed that hes dying. Its like the author is saying ‘dont get too attached’

if... it truly is epilepsy... i can already sense the stigma in ancient times, it being god’s punishment and demonic possession

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chap 185

i wonder how keishuk will react if suwon will name hak or someone other than him as king.

and... Soowons only thinking about hak. Isnt that romantic
Why why WHY mangaka choose this way. Sorry i can't help but feeling so disappointed with her right now. It's just too cliche...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

But after chap 185 it seems none of the backstory or justification matter anymore bec hes sick and dying and the deathbed forgiveness is right around the corner. ‘Just forgive him, he’s dying anyway‘. What a perfectly good way to ruin years of anticipation for that big revelation
THIS.

Soo won's death is inevitable and we all know its coming. But having him dead because of a sudden illness is just not the best way to end their conflict. It's just the easiest. Get rid of soo won without making yona and hak become murderer. Very convenient.

So basically all these years soo won prepare the kingdom for yona and hak. I stan king of charity.

Y-min

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Maybe it’s just moments of Psychological suppression not real sick if you think so he love both of yona and hak, so many times they pumped to each other with very strong situation maybe don’t want them to treat like that ،He might feel the stress of having Kishk treated them and use Yona exploited after trying to kill her, that’s why he ask yona if she don’t want to set on that seat even in ch 185 he said “what are you doing” its for hak rights soooo it’s just maybe I’m excited 😆 for the next chapter, hope any one face me what you feel ...?!

Last edited:

lightningsha

Reaction score
Country
United States
You guys said everything I was to, basically. I despise this ‘Soo-won is sick, therefore easy forgiveness’ route. That is not to say I did not expect a fatal illness of his to pop up, as the hints have been pretty good about it, but if it was to happen, I was hoping it would be a later card to play as @Trjpyo put it.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Chap 186...
This has got to be the weirdest chapter to date... soowon, joodoh and keishuk all cooped up in hiryuu castle but apparently none of the 2 dudes know that soowon is sick and only minsoo knows?? Huh?
But u know this kinda reminds me of king tuts tomb. When the sacarphogus was opened, some mysterious illness began killing off the expedition team. Who knows out of soowons curiousity he opened hiryuus tomb and got the disease 🤔

... after reading the chapter, i have a gut feeling the position of king of kouka is ‘cursed’

Last edited:

lightningsha

Reaction score
Country
United States
both Joo-doh and Kyesook having no clue about the illness felt contrived . Joo-doh sure, but Kyesook too, Really?

@Trjpyo What makes you think it isn’t just a regular illness inherited from his mother, not something supernaturally afflicted? Is it just from the flashback of Il not letting him in the mausoleum?

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
both Joo-doh and Kyesook having no clue about the illness felt contrived . Joo-doh sure, but Kyesook too, Really?

@Trjpyo What makes you think it isn’t just a regular illness inherited from his mother, not something supernaturally afflicted? Is it just from the flashback of Il not letting him in the mausoleum?
Accdg to yonas convo with minsoo the disease began showing symptoms when soowon ascended the throne. If it was inherited frm yonhi then keishuk wouldve known since they lived in the same house before. Tho there is this theory i’ve read frm tumblr that minsoo is prolly poisoning soowon, which i like

lightningsha

Reaction score
Country
United States
Accdg to yonas convo with minsoo the disease began showing symptoms when soowon ascended the throne. If it was inherited frm yonhi then keishuk wouldve known since they lived in the same house before. Tho there is this theory i’ve read frm tumblr that minsoo is prolly poisoning soowon, which i like

Hmmm. I’m pretty sure Minsoo said he started being his physician when Soo-won ascended the thrown. Also remember Soo-won knew what he had before he killed Il. With his statements of ‘not enough time’ etc. the illness probably was a huge contribution to his decision to carry out the coupe in the first place. As he knew he had to hurry and make changes before he died/became too incapable.

Minsoo poisoning him!? Wow lol. It’s interesting to hear out-of-the box theories. As I usually go for the most straightforward theory and that which is supported by all the clues we have been given.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Who is Soo-Won's bodyguard? I suppose this person is someone we should suspect. I don't think Min-Soo is poisoning Soo-Won mainly because of his reaction to the bodyguard.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Soo-Won's health is going to be a thing it seems...

Y-min

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
is there anything about a spoiler 192 ?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I haven't seen spoilers for 192.

At least these last few chapters in the past have been good, to see Soo-Won's parents as a lovely couple too.

Y-min

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
On what we see last ch-192
We really think the death of yona mother, kashi dead as same they don’t let yona see her friend so not spare the secret.
if kashi knows what happened to blood hirue that they have deadly disease، I think they will kill her specialy they may think that ohun maybe becomes a king and it will affect the next ruller sowun, and no one knows until yona discover it cuz they kill kashi.
ll revenge his wife & sowun revenge his father 🙈🙈🙈how is my Action

Y-min

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Maybe it’s just moments of Psychological suppression not real sick if you think so he loves both of yona and hak, so many times they pumped to each other with very strong situation maybe don’t want them to treat like that ،He might feel the stress of having Kishk treated them and use Yona exploited after trying to kill her, that’s why he ask yona if she don’t want to set on that seat even in ch 185 he said “what are you doing” it's for hak rights soooo it’s just maybe I’m excited 😆 for the next chapter, hope anyone face me what you feel ...?!
I told guys before, didn’t I..?!
I feel this Kashi story is already over its turned out, ...they killed Kashi cuz she still knows the secret, whats yona reaction

Last edited: