Discussion - Against the Gods (ATG) | Page 7 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Against the Gods (ATG)

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was also wondering what her cultivation level was... but they never said. Still don't know.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought that was obvious seeing how special she was treated. There was more than parental love.

Plus when Jasmine said that Phoenix spirit was dead I thought she was hinting towards Princess inherited her powers or something as Jasmine mentioned spirit's death near the valley.
I thought it was just the overbearing parent thing so it comes as a big surprise to me. Especially because of how her personality is so mild mannered. She just never radiated the uber badass vibe.

I was also wondering what her cultivation level was... but they never said. Still don't know.
I wonder how she is going to stack up against Qingyue? If they are strong enough to be peers there could be a cool fire and ice vibe there.

I Am Atomic

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Half-Step into Sovereign

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Half-Step into Sovereign
Even if so, she's contestant #11 from Divine Phoenix Empire, so is disqualified. :D
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yun Che said:
Wait… More than four hundred sixty wives, yet only had fourteen sons and one daughter?

Doesn’t seem too special!!
:rofl
He's going to beat the Emperor's # of wives and kids.... for sure!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Haha, so he finally has something he looks up to the Divine Phoenix Sect for. The number of wives. Not sure he's going to beat that quantity but he's going to win on quality for sure.:amuse

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yun Che learns to juggle, clumsily. Very clumsily.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yun Che learns to juggle, clumsily. Very clumsily.
Or very skillfully if you believe he's totally lying about his "accidents".

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Has Yun Che suddenly discovered Howel's Moving Castle?
He isn't your typical Miyazaki protagonist though, so the results will not be the same, I think. ;)

I know they are suspicious of the whole situation, but since this is a fortress, the first thing I would do is find someway to close the front gate so Little HanHan can't get in. A cutsy name for a totally not cutsy guy.... Then you can explore the place.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This whole chapter i just kept picturing the Hanhan guy trapped under a pile of flowerpetals and chuckling. What great troll ability the effeminate guy has.:XD

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ok, now:
1) Yun Che is dead (no, not really. Does anyone actually believe that. :derp )
2) Yun Che has a date with Xun'er in 3 years. That will happen.
3) The Emperor is planning on conquering Blue Wind within 3 years...
4) Obviously, since Yun Che is supposed to be showing off Blue Wind to Xun'er during the date, they will be witnessing the atrocities committed by her Father/Empire/Sect. Kind of a downer date, but she will end up with Yun Che on a more permanent basis, I guess.

3 years is a very long time in this novel. In 3 years, Yun Che went from 0 to Earth Profound level 7... approximately. He's now about Earth Profound 10 I think.
Probably he will 'fly' through the Sky profound levels and end up as a mid-level throne when he exits the Ark. He'll be able to fight high level Tyrants by then.

At first I thought they might do a time-skip for this 3 years.... but not going to happen. This is now the Ark arc! We have to find out who's been whispering to him! That and get all the treasures. :XD

dark123

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Ok, now:
1) Yun Che is dead (no, not really. Does anyone actually believe that. :derp )
2) Yun Che has a date with Xun'er in 3 years. That will happen.
3) The Emperor is planning on conquering Blue Wind within 3 years...
4) Obviously, since Yun Che is supposed to be showing off Blue Wind to Xun'er during the date, they will be witnessing the atrocities committed by her Father/Empire/Sect. Kind of a downer date, but she will end up with Yun Che on a more permanent basis, I guess.

3 years is a very long time in this novel. In 3 years, Yun Che went from 0 to Earth Profound level 7... approximately. He's now about Earth Profound 10 I think.
Probably he will 'fly' through the Sky profound levels and end up as a mid-level throne when he exits the Ark. He'll be able to fight high level Tyrants by then.

At first I thought they might do a time-skip for this 3 years.... but not going to happen. This is now the Ark arc! We have to find out who's been whispering to him! That and get all the treasures. :XD
Wrong man :D If he is emperor level, Tyrant level people will be like infants to him. Being peak earth realm he can fight against peak emperor and there is still sky realm between earth and emperor. He has to break through to sky realm to be able to fight Tyrant. If he is emperor lvl he will be same level as Xun'er.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
For Yun Che, just sitting there was good enough to get to Sky Profound level. :XD
This wasn't tough enough for Jasmine who dialed the difficulty up to 11. Unfortunately, she caught the attention of some profound beast while showing off her powers.
On the bright side, it looks like she got her powers back! Lets watch her kick ass next chapter!
Jasmine is such a troll! :XD

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope he's not stuck in this pocket dimension thing for too long. Not really loving Yun Che's recent tendency to get himself stuck somewhere for years at a time.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, on the bright side, Jasmine is speeding up the Ark's journey.
How fast it goes is dependent on what Yun Che can tolerate.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
God lord, as strong as Yun Che is going to be coming out of that ark thingy and considering how he settled his last grudge The Phoenix Empire and Sword Villa are going to rue the day they messed with Cang Yue. When he finds out what's happened to the Blue Wind Empire in his absence things are going to get real ugly real fast.

Kinda like her new bad ass attitude though.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Cang Yue certainly has changed. Probably pretty bitter at Yun Che faking his death again... He's going to get really henpecked when he gets back, :XD

I'm sure Yun Che will go on a rampage again... but I don't think he will really have to do as much as he did against Burning Heaven Clan.
I think the Blue Wind's Phoenix God will step in and stop it. Remember when we first saw the members of the Blue Wind's Phoenix Clan? They were powerless because they abused their powers and the Phoenix God punished them. I'm picturing something like that happening to the invaders.
I was thinking that this new red-head would be Jasmine's body (surprise! ...even though her real body turned to ash early in the series)
But it wasn't... so I started thinking Jasmine would have a roommate in the Sky Poison Pearl... but that didn't happen either.

So, now Yun Che has a 10,000+ year old loli accompanying him... a 10,000 year old loli with no life-signs!
I wonder if she knows how to fly the Ark? Come to think of it, it now belongs to them doesn't it! :D

But it's just about out of fuel. [/sigh]
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Red hair, red eyes, Sleeps in a coffin, doesn't like regular food, no heartbeat...
Doesn't this scream out 'Vampire'?

She may like the traditional 'blood' and if Yun Che volunteers I'm sure he can regenerate... but if it's souls or spirit energy, Jasmine may be in some trouble.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, that girl is totally a vampire.
And once she tastes Yun Che's "dragon emperor phoenix sage blood of tyrannical purity" or whatever he calls it there is going to be no going back. She will stick to him like a tick.
Wow, didn't see that coming. She eats.. metal? dragon bone? Whatever dragon fault was.

And her reply to him and Jasimine trying to scare her by describing him as a big pervert that would do all kind of nasty things to her was "Oh that sounds fun!"

WTF is she?!:s

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Could she be a weapon that transforms into, what looks like, a girl?

If that is the case, she could be the equivalent of a Protocosmic Spirit Treasure in Desolate Era.
Why would a weapon suffer from poison though??
Chapter 484 is out.... :blink

Son-Derling

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
is there a manhua for this? one of the series i consider reading....but a manhua would be better for me

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't believe so. Definitely nothing that's been translated.
Kind of a neat yet strange arc we've got going on right now. The whole Yun Che stumbling into his blood relatives thing and helping them out with his OP self is pretty cool.

Yet at the same time I'm not sure I get why he's reacting so strongly to meeting his biological mother and father. Since they aren't really HIS mother and father. He's a guy from another world who took over that sons body after he was poisoned right? Or am I missing something?