Books - A Song of Ice and Fire (Original Book Series) [SPOILERS - BEWARE] | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Books A Song of Ice and Fire (Original Book Series) [SPOILERS - BEWARE]

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Re: Song of Ice and Fire (Original Book Series)

The Song of Ice and Fire is really a masterpice made by a real genius. When I started to read it I was a beat dissapointed, because of the begining being rather depresive, but then I got the mood and by the end of the first volume of the Game of Thrones I was a fan and now after the six books I really wait to read the next books especially because I want to know what happend to John and what's going on behind the Wall.
But actually this book for now is mostly about game of thrones, those intrigues and I like it.:)

Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Six books? But only five are out :nod

Unless you mean how they split some of the books in two in Europe?

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Yeah, I guess he does refer to Storm of Swords, which was split into two in many countries.

The Jon cliffhanger was soo annoying :arf

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

It was such an obvious cliffhanger point. Completely intentional by GRRM to cause more rabid speculation for the next few years.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

xi0
You are right.:) I was really lost in those volumes.:))

I agree that John's cliffhanger for now is the most interesting, at least for me. Also it would be interesting to see what's going on with Sam.:)

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

You did read the leaked Theon chapter right Jorge? No spoilers here though :XD

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

The one from the upcoming book?:) Will it be published in US in spring?:)

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

Oh, that's great.:) I will look for it.:) Should be interesting to read:)) Even though after reading it it would be even more painful to wait for an actual release of the whole book.:) Still, thanks a lot.:)

The thing that also bothers me is Stanis's destiny. Was he really killed during his attack on Winterhold or is he still alive? Also it's interesting where is now the youngest Stark.:) It looks like Manderly knows where he is.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Oh, that's great.:) I will look for it.:) Should be interesting to read:)) Even though after reading it it would be even more painful to wait for an actual release of the whole book.:) Still, thanks a lot.:)

The thing that also bothers me is Stanis's destiny. Was he really killed during his attack on Winterhold or is he still alive? Also it's interesting where is now the youngest Stark.:) It looks like Manderly knows where he is.
Well, there were two other leaked chapters that GRRM had read at signings for his most recent book tour, but this one is MUCH more interesting.

;]

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

I'm really dying of waiting.:) Hope the book will be big, because it would be a pity to have something like 500 pages, while we have so many characters and plotlines to be revealed.:)

Also it would be interesting to see if those two Targariens will unite. Even though I don't like Deineris, but it would be more logical for them to be together to rule the Kingdom.:)
And of course Starks should come back to Winterfel.:)

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

I would expect a lot more twists and turns. There are some obvious things that aren't really secrets anymore, but I also think GRRM as intentionally misdirected the readers with some things.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

Totally agree with you, but that's given.:) Still the last big twists for me were the role of ex-head of Royal Guard when he revealed himself to Deineris and became her bodyguard and also even more when it was revealed that Reigar's son Eigon is alive.:) Even though I was a bit dissapointed because of the death of Kivan Lanister. Even though he was an antagonist I liked him.:)
Also I believe we will learn the mystery around those White Walkers. That's actually the creepy thing, but I really want the story to turn more in that direction and it would be also a good oportunity to unite Vesteros.;)

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Totally agree with you, but that's given.:) Still the last big twists for me were the role of ex-head of Royal Guard when he revealed himself to Deineris and became her bodyguard and also even more when it was revealed that Reigar's son Eigon is alive.:) Even though I was a bit dissapointed because of the death of Kivan Lanister. Even though he was an antagonist I liked him.:)
Also I believe we will learn the mystery around those White Walkers. That's actually the creepy thing, but I really want the story to turn more in that direction and it would be also a good oportunity to unite Vesteros.;)
Yeah, I liked Kevan, but his death only marked the return of The Spider :iik

I think we might have more of that supernatural factor, but I'm not sure if we will right away. The last Bran chapter in Book 5 left me with a sense of dread for Bran and I'm not sure if we'll be hearing from him directly anymore :s Which is a shame, because there's something about his chapters that was just so ominous...I don't trust the Children of the Forest entirely. There's something weird about them...or at least to me. Loved Bran's story in the last book :crying

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

Totally agree with you. I also had the same ominous feeling from Bran's chapters. Also I think Children of the Forest might be somewhat connected to the Others or might have their own agenda. But I hope Bran won't dissapeer as a storyteller of at least some chapters.
About supernatural factor... I think we might get more of it in the upcoming book, but I believe that in the next book it will become the main factor, because I hope that all the politic problems will be resolved in the upcoming book.:) Or at least the main politic problems, like the nemies inside Vesteros.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Totally agree with you. I also had the same ominous feeling from Bran's chapters. Also I think Children of the Forest might be somewhat connected to the Others or might have their own agenda. But I hope Bran won't dissapeer as a storyteller of at least some chapters.
About supernatural factor... I think we might get more of it in the upcoming book, but I believe that in the next book it will become the main factor, because I hope that all the politic problems will be resolved in the upcoming book.:) Or at least the main politic problems, like the nemies inside Vesteros.
Bran was still obviously present in the story in later chapters (one of Reek's chapters in Winterfell) through the Weirwoods. My only concern is that if Bran takes the exact same path as Bloodraven did then he's never leaving the spot he is. He might end up being immensely more powerful and influential than he would ever be elsewhere (aside from maybe atop a dragon :teehee). I also worry about Hodor and the Reeds and what their fate would be. That's the only thing telling me that we might get more Bran POV chapters.

The Children of the Forest may be neutral, who knows. Not sure if I think they're connected to the Others though, considering they bother protecting themselves from the Wights.

Oh I don't know if I see that happening to be honest. With Varys returning to the forefront, and Littlefinger plotting his schemes in the Vale I think it'll just be more chess pieces added to the game. I also remember GRRM mentioning a timeskip being possible at some point, but something tells me it won't be in the middle of the next book, more likely for the final book.

I expect more people to come together in Meereen and the Free Cities in pursuit of Dany, and with Aegon making landfall and waging war and taking allies who knows how messier this might get :XD

One of the other things I'm interested in is what Victarion is going to do with that Dragon horn and his enchanted (maybe?) arm. When Moqorro translated the writing on the horn, the instructions were sort of ambiguous. Something like anyone who blows the horn will die (we knew that already from the Kingsmoot) and that the horn must be claimed in blood...not very clear what that means. Moqorro is so awesome by the way, much more skilled than Melisandre :XD

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire

Actually GRRMs original plan was a timeskip after Storm of Swords. He started to write the fourth book, named Dance of Dragons, but noticed that there were changes in the world and the political field he just needed tell, and too often relied to flashbackish reminiscence. So he scrapped it all and started to fill the gap by writing Feast. Which lead to new problems, namely the "Mereneese Knot". But small time-skip at some point is still plausible.

Or that's how I've understood the picture.

I really started to like Victarion in Dance (though it still seems like a lot of readers hate him). It seems like all my fav characters have personal red priests.

Last edited:
Reactions: xi0

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

xi0
I don't know if Bran actually can move from the place he is now.:) Of course he might do it with the help of Hodor, but still he will be pursued by Wights, thus for now I think he will stay there and maybe he will try to help his brother John as I hope he is alive and will kick not only Others, but also those Night Watch members who tried to kill him. Still it would have been interesting to see Bran being able to move his legs again.

Also it would be interesting to see more about Stanis as I want to see Bolton going down. Also I hope to see Jaime Lanister being in action again and especially it would be interesting to see him on the Wall. And of course it would be great to see chess games from Varys and Littlefinger.:)

I don't know if it would be interesting to see timeskip, especially if we take in concideration the situation around the Wall with Wights and Others.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Actually GRRMs original plan was a timeskip after Storm of Swords. He started to write the fourth book, named Dance of Dragons, but noticed that there were changes in the world and the political field he just needed tell, and too often relied to flashbackish reminiscence. So he scrapped it all and started to fill the gap by writing Feast. Which lead to new problems, namely the "Mereneese Knot". But small time-skip at some point is still plausible.

Or that's how I've understood the picture.

I really started to like Victarion in Dance (though it still seems like a lot of readers hate him). It seems like all my fav characters have personal red priests.
Ah, well I still see people talking about a timeskip at Westeros.org like it's still going to happen so who knows.

He solved the Meereenese knot beautifully IMO by the way. The whole scene there was getting stale and annoying, and I was particularly annoyed with Dany. Making Selmy a POV character towards the end of the book wasn't only a great POV to read from, but it also gave a lot of back story not only on his life but history involving other characters.

Yeah I like Victarion a lot. I never understood the hate for the Greyjoys really.

xi0
I don't know if Bran actually can move from the place he is now.:) Of course he might do it with the help of Hodor, but still he will be pursued by Wights, thus for now I think he will stay there and maybe he will try to help his brother John as I hope he is alive and will kick not only Others, but also those Night Watch members who tried to kill him. Still it would have been interesting to see Bran being able to move his legs again.

Also it would be interesting to see more about Stanis as I want to see Bolton going down. Also I hope to see Jaime Lanister being in action again and especially it would be interesting to see him on the Wall. And of course it would be great to see chess games from Varys and Littlefinger.:)

I don't know if it would be interesting to see timeskip, especially if we take in concideration the situation around the Wall with Wights and Others.
Not exactly sure if Bran can help Jon, and that's mainly because I don't even have the first guess on what's going on with him.

Bolton is going down one way or the other. Not sure what the future will be for Jaime or Brienne for that matter.

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa

xi0
I think Jaimee was taken by Brienne to Kat Stark. So there are two posibilities:
1. She will kill Jaimie, but I don't see how it will contribute to the plot, so I hope this won't happen.
2. Another posibility is that they will become allies and will try to get Riveran and Winterfell back.

About Bran being able to help John (if he is alive, but I hope he won't die as he is my favourite character:)) )... that's not easy of course. Still we all remember that undead guy who was protecting Brand with his friends on their way to the Children of the Forest. If Bran will manage to make such an undead body (because I suppose it was made by that guy who teaches Bran now), then he might be of some use. Also the guy who teaches Bran... might he be some Stark (an old one of course)?

Also I have a question. Have you ever thought about the one similarity between The Other and Rglor? They both can perform necromancy in one way or another.

Also I don't know if it will happen, but I think it would be interesting to learn the true story behind the Fall of Valiria.