Artist - 2NE1【투애니원】 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Artist 2NE1【투애니원】

Who is your bias?

• CL

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Dara

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Bom

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Minzy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

"My interest is to further spread the popularity of Korean Pop [K-Pop]. Therefore, I decided to create this thread so that fans can talk, share, and post different things related to this band. I hope to keep this thread updated not only in their new releases of music videos, songs, and performances but also any sort of media they make an appearance in."

GROUP INFORMATION

Fandom Club Name: Blackjack​

2NE1 [투애니원] is a South Korean Girl Band under the label of YG Entertainment. The group consists of 4 members:
  1. Lee Chae-rin [CL]
  2. Sandara Park [Dara]
  3. Park Bom [Bom]
  4. Gong Min-ji [Minzy]
They made their official debut on May 16th, 2009 and disbanded on November 25th, 2016. Some of their well-known songs include I Am The Best, Go Away, I Don't Care, Hate You, Gotta Be You, Fire, It Hurts, Ugly, Can't Nobody, If I Were You, Do You Love Me, I Love You, Lonely, Crush, Missing You, Happy, and Come Back Home.

GROUP MEMBERS

Name: Lee Chae-rin [이채린]
Stage Name: CL [씨엘]
Roles: Leader, Main Rapper, and Lead-Vocalist

CL was born in Seoul, South Korea on February 26th, 1991. She is a South Korean recording artist. Some of her well-known music solos includes The Baddest Female, Mental Breakdown (MTBD), etc.

Name: Sandara Park [산다라 박]
Stage Name: Dara [다라]
Roles: Sub-Vocalist, Dancer, and Visuals

Dara was born in Busan, South Korea on November 12th, 1984. She is a South Korean singer, dancer, actress, model, and host. One of her well-known music solo is Kiss while her dramas includes Kiss Note, Dr. Ian, We Broke Up, Missing Korea, etc.

Name: Park Bom [박봄]
Stage Name: Bom [봄]
Roles: Main Vocalist and Visuals

Bom was born in Seoul, South Korea on March 24th, 1984. She is a South Korean singer. Some of her well-known music solos includes You and I, Don't Cry, etc.

Name: Gong Min-ji [공민지]
Stage Name: Minzy [민지]
Roles: Main Dancer, Lead-Vocalist, Lead-Rapper, and Maknae

Minzy was born in Seoul, South Korea on January 18th, 1994. She is a South Korean singer and is currently in the process of composing and making new songs.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I love Bom :hearts
I like Missing You a lot (typical me, the one who likes something blue hahaha). Not only the song, the MV is not bad too. It just fits the song.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love Bom :hearts
I like Missing You a lot (typical me, the one who likes something blue hahaha). Not only the song, the MV is not bad too. It just fits the song.
I like that song a lot too. Have you seen their MAMA 2013 performance? If not, here it is...

Since 2NE1 doesn't have that many songs compared to other artists, I can say that my favorite songs would probably be a tie between Lonely (2011) and Come Back Home (2014). A few other good songs would include...

OFFICIAL 2NE1 UPDATEBreaking News: Minzy Officially Leaves 2NE1 [YG Entertainment Confirmed]
Date: April 4th, 2016

Soompi Article: http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/04/minzy-official-leaves-2ne1/
Billboard Article: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/k-town/7325235/2ne1-minzy-depart-kpop-trio

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I heard 2NE1 disbanded. Why?

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I heard 2NE1 disbanded. Why?
From what I read, Minzy left the group due to financial reasons. She wasn't being paid enough since the group has been on hiatus since 2014 and YG Entertainment decided to halt their promotions. As for the whole group, there are rumors that they disbanded. But I haven't seen any official statements from YG. It is likely going to happen though because 2NE1 was supposed to have a comeback, yet it never happened.

The only YG groups that are confirmed to have a comeback at this point are BIGBANG, BLACKPINK, and Akdong Musician.

OFFICIAL 2NE1 UPDATEBreaking News: 2NE1 Officially Disbands [YG Entertainment Confirmed]
Date: November 24th, 2016

Soompi Article: http://www.soompi.com/2016/11/24/breaking-2ne1-officially-disbanding/

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't really follow 2NE1, but I loved 'Lonely' and 'I'm The Best'. It's sad to see them disbanded because they used to be popular for early generation girl groups. I've heard that Sandara and CL are going to start their solo career. I wish them all the best.

P.S.: AKMU is going to have a comeback?! Give it to meeee :gigglebunny:luv

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
OFFICIAL 2NE1 UPDATEBreaking News: 2NE1 Will Release One Last Song "GOOD BYE" [YG Entertainment Confirmed]
Date: January 5th, 2017

Soompi Article: https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/05/2ne1-confirmed-release-one-last-goodbye-song/
For any Blackjacks out there, this is satisfying news. A few months ago, news of 2NE1 suddenly disbanding left fans in shock. But they have decided to come back with one more track, concluding their activities as a group. Only CL, Dara, and Bom will be present in the song + music video. It will be released on January 21st. Let's look forward to it and support 2NE1 as it will be their last song together!

2NE1 just released what is probably their last song as a group. Please check out "GOODBYE"!

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I cried when I first heard the song lol (But honestly speaking, I'm a rather emotional person in general. Everything makes me cry)

Thought it was beautiful. A nice gift as a goodbye. I read somewhere, that CL wrote this song originally for Minzy, after she left the group. Makes sense if you think about it.
Really hope to see all four of them happy, healthy and doing what they want to do

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Guess who appeared on King of Masked Singer?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I heard Minzy released her first album?

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I heard Minzy released her first album?
Yeah, I think it will be released on April 17th. These are the release dates courtesy of Soompi.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Minzy's solo album is finally released. Check out her new song!

Not gonna lie but it's kind of weird to see Minzy in a music video all by herself. Nonetheless, I'm still going to support her. And remember, 2NE1 will always be 4 members even if it's only in our memories.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Check out this special clip of Minzy's new song!

The lyrics to this song contains an autobiographical message of Minzy's story as an artist.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Can we take a moment to appreciate Bom finally being able to come back? And with Dara too!
Totally deserved it after all these years :zomg

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually really like the instrumentals and music video of "Spring". The rest of the songs on the album were also pretty decent as well. It's really great seeing Dara support Bom and I hope they will regroup as 2NE1 sometime in the future.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Check out Park Bom's newest music video featuring Wheein of MAMAMOO!

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Really didnt expect her to come back this soon! Very nice ☺

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Bom covering G-idle’s Hann on Queendom. This type of song takes me back to the old 2NE1 days to be honest.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you haven't seen it already, check out Bom and Dara's version of 'Lonely'!

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Park Bom's new single "Wanna go back" - Amazing lyrics, song suits her well!

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Park Bom's new single "Wanna go back" - Amazing lyrics, song suits her well!
Wow, the song was so good and is very fitting for a finale! Also, I noticed there were so many references to 2NE1 that I hope they will regroup sometime in the future! Thanks for posting this!

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
CL recently released new songs!