Predictions - 2nd year is going to be awesome. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions 2nd year is going to be awesome.

Unnamed

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
While its true that there's still some way for Souma and Co. enter 2nd year. Every arc gets us closer to a the next term. Thinking about it, all the development on this series have happened in 3 season! That makes you wonder how the future will look up to.

Right now the series is on mid-Autumn, meaning theres still a lot of plot for the 1st year Arc. After autumn there is Auturm Break, then Winter, then Winter Break. And then finally Spring... On Spring the 3rd years will graduate, and after a short break 2nd year will begin.

This is the moment where i think this series will truly shine. All that we are reading and will read in the near future. Just set up for the big adventure ahead.

This is probably going to be a long post...so sorry about that. But i feel excited for the future! And if you love this series you should too!

I think the start of 2nd year will be when Souma will finally challenge the Elite 10 and also when the potential for this series will truly show up. 2nd year will be the Saga in which SnS grows from a popular manga to one of Jump powerhouses and probably one of the new generation Big 3.

And i have a very interesting idea on how to make 2nd year the best Saga ever.

One thing we know is that SnS is a shounen so it follows the shounen pattern. That means our MC must have a huge force against him and he needs to win in the end after an exciting struggle. So i think starting 2nd year with Souma already with a seat on the elite 10 ain't interesting at all.

Having Souma be defaultedly elected as one of the successors of the graduating seniors seems like a cheap way of getting him in there. And i even feel he himself wouldnt feel proud about that. He would only accept an Elite 10 seat if he feels he earns it. Getting it because Rindou-senpai or Eishi-senpai or Tootsuki Academy recommended him wouldnt be Souma at all!

If Souma wants to take 1st seat he will have to challenge the other 9 and take their seats first. That include allies, friends, love interests, rivals and of course antagonists.

And i feel the authors feel the same way specially with how things are going...

I feel that by the start of second year this will be the Elite 10 line up and i will tell you why each of them get that seat.

1. Undecided.

Eishi being his usual undecisive and timid self cant decide on who will succeed him. This of course will piss off the 2nd years (Except Isshiki, who finds this more interesting as it will spark endless shokugeki and challenges for the 1st seat.)

The whole idea of no one getting 1st seat will increase the desire for the position.

Think of this...getting 1st seat = becoming Pirate King

Also no one having 1st seat would dramatically increase the length of the series, since it would bring more players aiming for that seat into the game.

2. Isshiki. We need a face. We need someone to inspire Souma, and getting Isshiki as the closest to the 1st seat would definitely pump Souma. Having the one closest to being the best so near...sounds exiciting...

3. Eizan. But we also need a threat. Eizan always close, the only man that rivals Isshiki. Having him so close to the 1st seat means more plot to take it over. And knowing him he will definitely target people close to Souma to get his prize. He is likely going to be the main antagonist for the 2nd year. (Erina's dad is for Souma's 3rd year or even later...)

4. Nene. We need a high ranking female, that still remains antagonistic towards our MC. We also need a female that will probably never fall for our MC. And also a female character that will interact with the other high ranking elite 10. (i am getting the feeling Souma might never really aim for her spot and neither Nene will bother to notice Souma seriosly. Somebody else is gonna beat her, my guess is Megumi or Alice. And yeah...imagine Megumi challenging Elite 10.) The main purpose of Nene is to ruin the life of the one beneath her spot.

5. Kuga. I don't know but Kuga is like the Deidara of this series. He is incredibly talented but he gets easily angered by seeing talent in others. Specially talent that outshines his. Kuga will probably still aim to get the 1st seat for himself. And still dislike his fellow 3rd years and still underestimate the unproven 2nd years and probably ignore the existence of the 1st years (poor Mitsuru and any new kouhai introduced for the 2nd year saga) . Simply put he will remain an asshole towards everyone. Except Souma. After the festival he clearly wont forget Souma. And that grudge will grow even more as it becomes the stain on his overall great career. Kuga will probably become a rival/side enemy to Souma but he will also rival with Eizan, Isshiki and Nene. Simply put he will be there to disrupt the order on both the higher levels as well as the lower levels of the Elite 10. Souma beating Kuga will = Souma entering the big leagues.

6. Erina. Of course if the 2nd years get promoted, Erina will get promoted as well. And the fact we are getting an Erina Arc right now gives me confidence that she will get a huge amount of characterization and development by the time 2nd year starts. And also the authors will tease us, but Souma will not challenge Erina on his 2nd year. (Erina will be taken care of until 3rd year. So SoumaxErina fans you will have to wait more...a lot more...)

This are the main players for the 2nd year. They are the ones among Tootsuki students that will be considered as 1st seat worthy but due to the circumstances they have to wait until the right time to aim for it. All of this players are big in name and skill. So they have followers. Some are so powerful that even within the Elite 10 they have followers and faction members. Consider this people the Yonkou of the SnS world. The ones that stand before the ultimate prize.

The rest of the Elite 10 are going to be handpicked by Tootsuki staff based on their merits on the 1st year. Also Elite 10 members decisions will be taken into account as who are the students worthy of being selected as fellow Elite 10.

7. Akira. Being the second best 1st year, winning the Autumn elections and earning enough recognition throughout 1st year has helped Hayama enter the Elite 10. Now a 2nd year he can now oficially work for the Shiomi Seminar and extend their knowledge throughout the Academy. And we will also need more development for him to become an even greater rival for Souma once 3rd year happens.

8. Alice. She admitted that facing Erina would take a long time. But finally the time is close. She is now on the Elite 10. Her goal 1st seat. But before that prove which Nakiri is the better. And even after all that happened, Kurokiba still follows her. Having even rejected a seat just to follow ojou-sama. He knows that following Alice will be more entertaining than looking for fights on his own, after all ojou-sama is challenging the very best. Knowing lazy kurokiba way of thinking he rather fight for Alice and then challenge her just to show her he was always better than her.

9. Takumi. Takumi is given Souma's seat by Tootsuki after Souma rejects a seat. Since what he wants isnt just getting the seat, but fight for it and earn it. Takumi rivalry with Souma ends up increasing. He didnt want to get here like this. He wanted to earn it in battle. Yet his rival doesnt care how he feels. He wants to fight on Souma's battlefield but can only watch from the victory hill. This friendly rivalry might turn towards the unfriendly side very fast. (i do feel this might happen. I get the running joke of being considered a side character will really affect Takumi. Just look how upset he got that Souma had to save his ass after Subaru took his Mezzaluna.)

10. Megumi. Yup, Megumi is going to be the new 10th seat.

She and the Polar Stars will probably be part of the Isshiki faction. Add in the fact that members from the Erina faction have grown friendlier towards her and her Polar Stars (Nikumi, very likely Hishoko in the near future and even Erina herself.) And she is hanging around very powerful people. People are bound to take notice of that.

Also since she is the second most important character in the series she will keep on getting better and better, otherwise it would be pointless to have her as the secondary MC.

And since she is now in the Elite 10 and still she is easily underestimated it is likely she is going to be challenged a lot. Also if you think about it Megumi herself is slowly starting her faction with people like Ryoko, Yuki and Hojo befriending her and acknowledging her skill.

Also the fact a character like Eishi exist makes me think of the potential a character like Megumi can have. I am 100% sure that Megumi will have an incredibly huge development Arc that will make her Elite 10 worthy (and probably getting her noticed for reasons other than cooking by some of our male characters.) Also i kinda feel that Megumi's development is so well done she could theoretically be the MC of this manga and it would still be popular. So expect big Megumi arcs on the 2nd year. She will probably be on a bunch of Shokugeki, second only to our MC.

Throw in Souma and 2nd year is going to be crazy! Specially if the authors take this approach of Souma not getting into the Elite 10 by the start of their 2nd year and having him challenge everyone for the 1st spot. And this would make it so much more epic. This way there's lots of ways to set up an entertaining story. So many possibilities!

I will now close with this quote...and leave you to imagine all the potential this series has...

"Cooking is an endless wilderness. A wilderness dotted with innumerable good and bad flavors. To the end of that world...i think...i want to walk there...!" - Yukihira Souma, Chapter 01, pg 9-10.