Football - 2018 FIFA World Cup | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Football 2018 FIFA World Cup

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I think France's chances are being quite overrated and that in reality they rather slim compared to Brazil's or Spain's. I also think Germany or even us are more prone to have a good tournament than them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Overall, as I haven't said anything about it yet, I think Brazil will look very hot for most of the tournament then shit the bed, and that the winner will be Spain.

Yup, I'm usually good at prediction contests but there're many players/teams I haven't followed closely this time. :faint
Last time I was better >_>

Tbh, haven't been following football these years as much as I did in the last WC that was rather predictable except for Costa Rica fucking everyone's brackets lmao.

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Jk I think that Spain and Brazil are the best teams then Germany and after them France
Anyway can't wait to see more of my man neymar he's on fire currently damn

Kiki

Anti Toxic-Human
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Well, looks like there's no good alternatives to ESPN for some reason. Every other big site just has individual bracket competitions but no league creation. Other pool services aren't free or put a limit to 10 players, so this will have to do.

1. Go here - http://fcpredictor.espn.com/
2. Click "Make Picks" to create your bracket
3. Click "Leagues" and then click "Join League"
4. Enter this code - 1472328-69887
5. Finish your picks by June 14th and remember to save them.

This system is a bit less straightforward, asking you to predict the winner of the cup, the groups, and various tiebreaker questions that are worth less points. Then you predict each match of the group stage (with even more bonus questions worth minor points). We'll also have to return to make picks when the knockout stage begins as well, so I'll be sure to remind people to do so. The winner with the most points will receive a World Cup 2018 themed badge.
I did what you said but when I clicked Make Picks I had to login (I logged in via Facebook and used "Ahmad" as my username). There were no Join League and code. Hmmm.... :?bunny

Will there be fantastic scores like past matches like Portugal-North Korea or Germany-Brazil? :grumble
Oh never mind. I found it

Pietro

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Brazil will win

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Algeria will win.,.oh wait...
:mono

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I entered through FB and used my username "Arjuna"

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I gave the most biased predictions, but i will do some serious ones later in this thread.
My 2 footballs teams suck too hard :nerve

I will be cheering for England if Russia and Egypt are out which is most likely will happen :smile-big

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
"Not yet" ? :notsure
*Never
I gave the most biased predictions, but i will do some serious ones later in this thread.

I will be cheering for England if Russia and Egypt are out which is most likely will happen :smile-big
You trolled the bracket? :gwah

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Are you sure? :wonder
Yes u.u

My bracket was overall the most accurate by a good margin, it's just that the final gave too many points (final that I had predicted at the very beginning that Germany would win, but couldn't bring myself to pick my team as the loser in a final).

Just bantz tho '-'

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

I thought Russia has a decent team. Then again any team is better than the Canadian team :D
I don't wanna create a random espn account. :sad

This is all the Madame Reebi future telling you will get for now:

Group A -Russia and Uraguay advance

Group B - Portugal and Spain obviously

Group C - France and Peru, although Denmark may do something

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Yes u.u

My bracket was overall the most accurate by a good margin, it's just that the final gave too many points (final that I had predicted at the very beginning that Germany would win, but couldn't bring myself to pick my team as the loser in a final).

Just bantz tho '-'
So your emotions got the best of you? Understandable I guess, perhaps you instinctively didn't want to jinx your team's chances. You're so different from Germans in that regard though, many of them didn't pick Germany as the winner in their brackets in the last world cup IIRC. It'll be pretty ironic if you didn't pick Argentina this time and they actually win it. :lmao

As a side note, predicting the winner gives you the most points in almost all brackets, possibly to keep the competition alive until after the final. I suppose it's not entirely fair but it is usually the biggest deal though, so I don't have any complaints in this regard. Consistency is what Brazil team lacks these days but I still picked them as the tournament winner in my bracket and I'm ready to face the consequences if they mess up their chances one more time. I have a hunch that FIFA, for financial purposes, doesn't want the competition between Europe and South America to fall apart, so I won't be surprised if the referees slightly favor Brazil and Argentina in their matches which is something I took into account.
But we want you to :redface
We urge her to. :lmao

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
As a side note, predicting the winner gives you the most points in almost all brackets, possibly to keep the competition alive until after the final. I suppose it's not entirely fair but it is usually the biggest deal though, so I don't have any complaints in this regard.
They do, but in this case I think it might not be too heavily weighed towards that. The brackets this time have separate pick phases(Groups and each round of the Knockout), that way if you're completely wrong about who makes it out of a particular group, you can still earn points for picking knockout games correctly. The impact of a Germany or Spain somehow not getting out of their group might be less of a bracket-buster.

Reactions: Pat

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
That was literally the longest bracket I've ever done. Some of the questions were so trivial, I wouldn't be surprised if I got them all wrong. Deciding the winner for the group stages were pretty easy though (unless something goes terribly wrong like the fact that Italy and the Netherlands didn't make it to the group stages). The winner is up in the air for me...

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Spain just fired Lopetegui after the faux pas with Real Madrid. :lmao