Shounen - 1/2 Prince by Yu Wo & Choi Hong Chong | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen 1/2 Prince by Yu Wo & Choi Hong Chong

Erimia

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Title: 1/2 Prince (½ 王子)
By: Yu Wo, Choi Hong Chong
Original Publisher: Dragon Youth (2004)
Target Group: Girls, Boys, Teenagers
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Gender Bender, Romance, Sci-fi
Chinese Release: 10 volumes (ongoing)
MH DB-Entry: http://mangahelpers.com/m/1-2-prince
Manga Editors: IS-WAK, Odd Squad Edited Mangas etc.

Samples:

Description by MU:

It is the year 2100 A.D., and humans have developed a virtual reality game with a realism level of 99%. Feng Lan, due to a bet with her twin brother, vows to succeed in playing the game without using her "female benefits." Due to this, she becomes the first and only female to play as a male character in "Second Life." As her infamy rises as a bloodthirsty warrior, can she keep her identity a secret from her real life acquaintances whom she has beaten up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raichu

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
North Pole
Re: [Manhua] 1/2 Prince

lol it's been here for some months and finally a thread?

Too bad we can't get the raws for this but the scans' quality are quite nice :D

bluemonster

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I personally hated the ending half of the novel that this manhua is based on. It made me go WTF when things developed to that stage. Totally surreal. I suppose I can suspend my belief but still...

Anyone thinks that the main character is a pretty childish person who doesn't deserve her love interests? Might not be that clear in the manhua, but when I was reading the novel, I was cursing at her for fooling around with people's feelings.

Erimia

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

blue, where did you read the novel?

Well, it does look like she's playing with people's feelings in the manhua too, esp. girls. But you know those girls are fools for falling for someone in a game. Gui explicitly stated that he's in love with Prince in the game and he's fine with it. But some girls just don't get it.

racjona

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Hello. Does anyone knows what's happening with this manhwa? We've got 56 chapters, last one was released in march 2012. Is it on hiatus or maybe Manga Editors gave up? Anyone?

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I'm not sure of the English version of this manhua as I usually read from the Chinese site. The only time I read in English is when the manhua is scanlated and updated.

This series of novels have completed and I have read them as well. However I am still following the manhua version of it. The story is comical and makes me laugh a lot. From the novels, I was very surprised and amazed with the conclusion of the story. It was really unexpected. :gwah

Euniceshihui

Reaction score
Country
Singapore

I personally hated the ending half of the novel that this manhua is based on. It made me go WTF when things developed to that stage. Totally surreal. I suppose I can suspend my belief but still...

Anyone thinks that the main character is a pretty childish person who doesn't deserve her love interests? Might not be that clear in the manhua, but when I was reading the novel, I was cursing at her for fooling around with people's feelings.
Yup.Ikr.Feng Lan/Prince is so dense I can't image it.honestly,I am also jealous of her having two hot guys wooing her persistently......(Well,when it come to my romance:Hopeless)Still it's a nice manga.If this ending is according to everything in the novel,I could add on to having her have more adventures,more thrillers.Sadly I suck at drawing.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Re: 1/2 Prince by Yu Wo & Choi Hong Chong - Chapter 70 (Final)

I have just read chapter 70 - the final chapter - and I'm amazed at how beautiful the artwork is. Even the cover page attracts my attention.

This chapter shows a series of intense fight between Prince and Long Dian and I gonna praise the artist who draws it so well.

The story concludes with a happy ending and every member of the squad turns up. I can't help it but smile. Though I wish that the manhua story would be longer just like the novel, but overall it is still very interesting to read and I have enjoyed it fully.

The two artists are really good in their work and I'm looking forward for their story again. :^_^

Bhoot

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Just an update if u guyz missed it: Season 2 has started by the looks of it. 71 and 72 are out