Discussion - Most Overrated Character(s) | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Most Overrated Character(s)

Who is the most overrated character in Fairy Tail Universe???

• Total voters

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
They have impressive fighting abilities, it is just some of them have personality issues that attributed to their defeat or having bad match ups, Neinhart was mostly freaked out by Erza’s power as she was the daughter of Irene.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I also noticed that Wendy has two more votes for the most overrated character lol
Really? :XD

I do recall moments during the Alvarez Arc where her enchantment upskilling got her some bad rep. This is the route Mashima is taking with Wendy - making her supremely skilled. Irene the coach, and enchantment being OP, there could more butthurt to come.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Really? :XD

I do recall moments during the Alvarez Arc where her enchantment upskilling got her some bad rep. This is the route Mashima is taking with Wendy - making her supremely skilled. Irene the coach, and enchantment being OP, there could more butthurt to come.
Tbh at this point I'm inclined to think Wendy does more BS than Erza or Natsu.

Btw nice ChadSen signature. 👀

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wendy is definitely the most bullshit character in the manga now. The moment Eileen turned enchantment into a magic that can do literally anything, instead of just buff people, Wendy became pure nonsense. She was shielding people, swapping bodies, transferring powers, giving swords Slayer magic, separating people from their magic, making stuffed toys attack like she's fucking Bixlow, that Alta Face shit, etc

Erza overall has been pretty solid in 100YQ. Her fight with Laxus was the best this new manga had. Natsu is still bullshit, but even he's not competing with Wendy.
The fact that Mashima has to explain her magic every fight instead of just casting a spell like a normal character gives you an idea of how nonsensical it is.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Damn...true...how come I forgot about Bixlow :shock what now.. it will be revealed that soul manipulation magic is actually an enchantment too?

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Natsu, easily. He's become so boring and one dimensional instead of fun to watch.

Ratrace

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wendy is definitely the most bullshit character in the manga now. The moment Eileen turned enchantment into a magic that can do literally anything, instead of just buff people, Wendy became pure nonsense. She was shielding people, swapping bodies, transferring powers, giving swords Slayer magic, separating people from their magic, making stuffed toys attack like she's fucking Bixlow, that Alta Face shit, etc

Erza overall has been pretty solid in 100YQ. Her fight with Laxus was the best this new manga had. Natsu is still bullshit, but even he's not competing with Wendy.
The fact that Mashima has to explain her magic every fight instead of just casting a spell like a normal character gives you an idea of how nonsensical it is.
Wendy pretty much turned into a get out for free card

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Wendy has become the most overrated character since a whole month. Even Mirajane, Brandish and Elfman have been surpassed lol

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
BDK are still overrated.

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Suzaku particularly

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Every character in Fairy Tail is overrated, baat khatam. :pwned

Maguilty

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Lucy:thumbs It sounds meh to say she can just summon Gemini and copy herself then summon a total 7/8 spirits to make a fight become 7/8 VS 1.
Quantity means nothing when most of her spirits are one-shotable.:cookiehand

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In no particular order as they all have their moments:

Dimaria (after beating up a featless version of Chelia and failing to knock out Wendy),
Lucy (by extension all of her past opponents)
Mirajane (the whole Macro shenanigans and nuke spam bs)
Brandish (hax being blown out of proportion)
Serena (with people still believing he's Gildarts level for no reason lol)

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Lucy (by extension all of her past opponents)
While I can understand why you think Lucy is overrated (sorry best girl :crying), I don't understand how her past opponents are overrated. I feel like it's the whole contrary.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
While I can understand why you think Lucy is overrated (sorry best girl :crying), I don't understand how her past opponents are overrated. I feel like it's the whole contrary.
Jacob and Brandish, yeah. Strauss Siblings, ehhh, Mirajane is but I think Elfman's mostly alright - I remember someone saying Lisanna beats Cobra though lol. Mimi, yeah.

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Jacob and Brandish, yeah. Strauss Siblings, ehhh, Mirajane is but I think Elfman's mostly alright - I remember someone saying Lisanna beats Cobra though lol. Mimi, yeah.
I agree that Jacob and Brandish, especially Brandish, are overrated. Not sure about Mimi but Mirajane and Elfman are definitely overrated. While Lisanna... Her defeating Cobra... I don't think so but Cobra is really underused.

Vis

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I agree that Jacob and Brandish, especially Brandish, are overrated. Not sure about Mimi but Mirajane and Elfman are definitely overrated. While Lisanna... Her defeating Cobra... I don't think so but Cobra is really underused.
Cobra fought Gajeel in a spinoff, Road Knight, and they were shown to be relative to each other. This was only a few months before Avatar (essentially Alvarez). Jacob is severely overrated, I'd say more than Brandish but I see him as an extension of the Mirajane hype so I didn't feel the need to put him on the list. There were people really saying that his punches were individually country level.