Anime - HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 4 | Page 57 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 4

headless nick

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
i bet no one knows better how to enjoy detours than togashi ...
he is in no hurry to finish his manga , that dude even managed to sneak this message in the last episode !

so that's it . one of the greatest anime ever ended . it was fitting to farewell the series in " departure's " flying tone " you can smile again " cause its not the end for hxh . its been a great ride and the crew were really passionate to bring hxh excellence to its fullest . the brilliance in hunter x hunter were always there , but what it needed was exposure . MADHOUSE should be thanked beyond any words what they did for lazy ass togashi . we can only hope he gets back soon to his child that is hxh . the next arc is shaping up to be the best arc yet extracting best parts from each previous arcs ... please do it man !! you've had enough detours !!

any way thanks togashi and madhouse . hxh 2011 will surely change anime productions outlook about what its to thrive towards perfection of adapting anime ....if only more studio's were this passionate about adaptations !

Zoro Zoldyck

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
I can't.. I can't too sad to talk.. DDDDD:

MY FAVORITE SERIES ENDED! sigh, this is too much and I can't even praise the show or madhouse enough..

Also, HxH is the top 6 in MAL now :D

Youth Explodes!

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
Wait, the way I read the manga, I always thought that Gotoh WAS the shapeshifter and faked his death. Doesn't it make more sense this way?

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Wait, the way I read the manga, I always thought that Gotoh WAS the shapeshifter and faked his death. Doesn't it make more sense this way?
No. How does it make more sense? Who got beheaded then?

What I find more intriguing is how did the Zoldycks contact the Kiriko.

FFuuu

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Only if the Zoldycks managed to infiltrate the hunter exam to keep tabs on Kil.

I don't think so. Canary's "shh" gesture says it all. "Don't tell master Killua, for his own good"

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
INSERT: MICHAEL JACKSON EATING POPCORN MEME HERE,

Except, it should say " I came here only to read SHINOBI03's posts....

Thank you again for the summary, it really adds quality to the HxH experience for me.

One thing I just noticed:
The guy on the chopper is wearing a strawhat, his attire (the green part) also matches Zoro's dress.

dougbp

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
No. How does it make more sense? Who got beheaded then?

What I find more intriguing is how did the Zoldycks contact the Kiriko.
Gotoh and Canary were the two butlers more closer to Killua. It had high chance that Killua told them about the Kirikos and the exam. Or he told them when he returned after the 1st exam because Gon told him, or he told them when he came back to rescue Alluka.

The fact is: he told them.

SHINOBI-03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Here's a question proposed in another forum: what was your favorite arc in the anime?

Ignoring the Chimera Ants arc which I'm pretty sure will dominate the answers, my favorite arc believe it or not is Greed Island. As an adventure as a whole, I had more fun with it more than any other arc in the series and I liked how the anime adapted it and made me get and realize stuff I didn't before and I liked Genthru here more so than in the manga in which he didn't impress me that much.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Here's a question proposed in another forum: what was your favorite arc in the anime?

Ignoring the Chimera Ants arc which I'm pretty sure will dominate the answers, my favorite arc believe it or not is Greed Island. As an adventure as a whole, I had more fun with it more than any other arc in the series and I liked how the anime adapted it and made me get and realize stuff I didn't before and I liked Genthru here more so than in the manga in which he didn't impress me that much.
York Shin is my second favorite arc but in terms of adaptation Greed Island was better IMO, maybe even better than CA arc adaptation, they captured the atmosphere perfectly and they made epic scenes even more epic, Gon's moments especially. I personally believe that the staff really likes his character.

Rezard

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
mm not counting the CA arc in..
I think Greed island too very close to the ryodan... mmm or a tie i don't know.

headless nick

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
"Don't trust the footholds left by previous climbers. Those who make it to the top usually do it bare handed."

CA arc tops easily . its easy to write a thriller arc when you've got elements to make it unpredictable and exciting , but its far more difficult to grasp thematic exploration let alone combining everything so perfectly in one cohesive plot that can produce food for thought continuously !

the encounter of king and komugi over gungi itself is a beautiful idea ! its brilliant how togashi created a poetic metaphor out of the strongest and weakest being just playing a board game ! that's where the beauty and brilliance of CA arc comes into. and there's much more after it ....

hmm after CA , definitely yorkshin ... which am sure will be topped by DC arc. i have high hopes from it . so far its building up amazingly ! ... togashi is setting up all of his pawns and pieces perfectly for the upcoming mind games and thrillers ! in fact number of elements he has in his disposal to make this arc unpredictable is too much to comprehend .

oh man ... i wish nanika could heal all the problems of togashi in one go !

Last edited:

Zoro Zoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
All the talk about DC really excites me but like Sawyer said I'm not gonna go to the manga now and just treasure the anime ending to let me acknowledge it ever more because sometimes I just feel like I'm not even giving Madhouse or the story enough credit for how awesome it is.

HxH is love, HxH is life

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
i believe it is likely that we wont see the hxh anime continued until the manga is complete, does that sound likely to you guys?

shnugin

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greed Island is my favorite arc. Even in the 1999 adaptation, I loved the OVA's.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
i believe it is likely that we wont see the hxh anime continued until the manga is complete, does that sound likely to you guys?
...No. If there are enough chapters they could start a new season even if it's not over.

dzsovani

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Hungary
In this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mOkA3RGnao

I have collected a lot of informations and facts that made Hunter x Hunter Anime so epic!

I have a serious question. Now I am at HxH episode 86. So the chimera ant arc is where I am now.

But I read news and I heard that now the anime stopped so now they don't make HxH episodes.

I have two questions about it:

1. Why don't they make more HxH episodes? (It is weird that the manga stopped too so maybe there is a connection between them.)

2. Will they continue after time the anime or it is finished?

Last edited:

220kz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
"I have a serious question. Now I am at HxH episode 86. So the chimera ant arc is where I am now."

Keep watching it's great.

Will they continue after time the anime or it is finished?
THEY BETTER DO!
I ALMOST WENT PALM-MODE WHEN THEY SHIFTED
THE AIRING DATE BY A FEW DAYS!!

Why don't they make more HxH episodes? (It is weird that the manga stopped too so maybe there is a connection between them.)
I only watched the Anime so if anyone kindly writes here which
chapter of the Manga the last Episode - 148 corresponds too
that would be appreciated.
Anyway I think they did an excellent job deciding for a Hiatus at
this point - after meeting a major goal. (Great Open-Ending!)

(Also anyone else thought of Ebola-chan when we got shown the Shogi pieces?
That's probably the one Milluki Zoldyck will die for.)

Riyuki

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah it's great they stopped where the did because the entire focus of the story from episode 1 was Gon finding Ging. The manga is barely even ahead of where they ended it. I would've totally been cool with a massive Phantom Troupe filler arc but most disagree with me lol XD! That's the only exception for fillers for me. That would be so badass.

Zoro Zoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
The problem is that no person other than Togashi himself can write for those characters for me so that's why fillers were a no no.

I still miss the show a lot :( tuesdays are empty without my hxh fix

SHINOBI-03

Reaction score
Well guys, this might be my final post here so I’m getting everything out here:

Best episodes of the entire series:
  • Episode 015
  • Episode 027
  • Episode 032
  • Episode 035
  • Episode 044
  • Episode 047
  • Episode 052
  • Episode 070
  • Episode 073
  • Episode 074
  • Episode 091
  • Episode 116
  • Episode 134
  • Episode 135
  • Episode 147
  • Episode 148

Worst episodes of the entire series:
  • Episode 006
  • Episode 013
  • Episode 038
  • Episode 048
  • Episode 062
  • Episode 076

Best changes from the manga:
  • Any of the scene rearrangements to make more contained mini-arc events
  • Changing character designs from the beginning to be consistent with the later parts of the series.

Worst changes from the manga:
  • All the plot changes concerning Kite and his relationship with Gon. Obviously this is the most critical one and it did affect the impact of the Chimera Ants arc
  • Merging the cooking and sushi tests together. Not only we missed how the Hunters were handling this unfamiliar situation but we missed out the full grasp of Menchi’s character as well as Hanzo’s establishing moment.
  • Hisoka’s massacre in the Hunter Exam
  • Every awesome Leorio moment except for punching Ging in the face. But for the long time they made him too useless compared to the others.
  • Omitting Maha entirely like he doesn’t exist.
  • Omitting Kalluto’s part of Hisoka’s escape plan.
  • Abridging Greed Island’s earlier parts because it removed some depths to the game’s system and what are the possibilities that could be done in that world.
  • The lack of focus on Gairo despite giving him focus in the manga like he’s gonna play an important role in the future.

Best filler:
  • Detention room (Episode 12)
  • Canary’s flashback (Episode 24)
  • Kurapika’s encounter with Mizukin (Episode 30)
  • Zushi’s Water Divination results (Episode 37)
  • Phantom Troupe vs Shadow Beasts (Episode 45)
  • Kite’s childhood (Episode 076)

Worst filler:
  • Killua spending time in the Butler’s house while his friends are playing a life & death game with Gotoh (Episode 25)
  • Chrollo prepares his disguise (Episode 49)

Notice that I didn't have much to add for the best changes and worst filler categories. I guess that tells us how faithful this adaptation was. The worst fillers could be even considered nitpicks and not really the "worst" of all. Though the changes I still think they were terrible decisions.

Last edited: