Light Novel - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei by Satou Tsutomu and Ishida Kana | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei by Satou Tsutomu and Ishida Kana

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Ill go on the side that thinks the scenes are just flashbacks and thats it. Assuming they want and expect big money, I think they may do like SAO four volumes or so for this anime, maybe do the side story volume.

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think 26 episodes for 4 volumes is too much, usually people adapt a volume in 4 episodes, the side stories aren't numerous and only 3 involve the main characters, one of them isn't even necessary.

And I really want to see Yokohama Disturbance arc animated, it's my favorite :mono.

---------- Post added April 02, 2014 at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was March 30, 2014 at 09:34 AM ----------

Morisakis' SS is translated

He was super cool and a total badass in this chapter, and all of this started just because of a girl :D, it's refreshing to see a male act like that, quite different from Tatsuya and I like how his prowesses made him reflect on his Bloom status, the Quick Draw technique is awesome too.
Not only he understood the magicians/ non magicians discrimination but he found a potential love interest, that Lin will surely appear later in the story.
We got more infos about magicians which are really impressive, it means any magicians with enough combat experience can beat easily an human because of their notion of speed.
The evolution of EMS and the AR goggles added more to the world building too, definitely one of my favorite SS. I wonder how Tatsuya would have acted though.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
After watching and rewatching episode one I wonder how well the anime will do. I think the anime seemed like its going to potentially be more targeted towards those that read the light novels and be in someways a bit less forgiving to people that didnt read it. Some of the parts of the episode that kind of suggest this to me was the Bloom and Weed discussion, the handling of the Miyuki and Tatsuya moments at times, and then the magic issue, not to mention the cameo from Mikihiko in the classroom moment and then the Haruka being shown but not stating anything.

At least on an action front it got me excited to just think about all the amazing scenes we could potentially finally see animated, that Material Burst, and then if they do Meteor Stream/Line, Gram Demolition, Niflheim, and Inferno, and Phalanx and so much more and Monolith Code game.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Found illustrations of V.13

:hearts I knew Mayumi would be in this vol but I wasn't expecting something like this.

Apparently she says she wants to "warm" him.

Is it me or Erika's eyes are like in the anime now?

Definitely my favorite pic. After Mayumi's one.

Masaki's design changed too.

Looks great.

---------- Post added April 20, 2014 at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was April 10, 2014 at 05:23 PM ----------

Chapter 0 of vol 13 is up

Retsu isn't a bad guy after all, it's funny to see that there are people with inferiority complexes even among the Master Clans considering how superior they are to the normal ones. I would like to see Minoru healed.
What is bugging me is how they managed to cultivate Parasites, they found a way to make them reproduce?

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Minoru Kudou sounds like a great character, would want to see an imagine just to see how pretty he really is. Though just another chp suggesting the sad state of the world the magicians create when their power hungry thoughts go all out of control. I hope Minoru can survive as he would be interesting in the Nine Schools High Competition to go against a few of the other strong characters, and in a longer view, if he could become another entry into the recognized Strategic Class Magician population.

---------- Post added May 05, 2014 at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was April 20, 2014 at 10:36 AM ----------

v13 chp 1

Well he's doing a great job making the second year feel different than the first even if were doing the nine schools competition again. Im glad Monolith Code is staying but I guess it wont be anyone of note participating in it, while Tatsuya and Leo may likely be for Steeplechase? Leo in the moutain club kind of suggests that he would be the one selected for this challenge, and I cant imagine Tatsuya not having a key role in something like it, especially with all the cover he could let loose his own abilities? Erika could be in the Shield One, but I dont know who would make a good row and gunner? Mikihiko participated last year so he ought to be in some capacity, Maybe Kento Sumisu could participate in some form and of course Shippou Takuma?

Final part was hilarious, finally some bl from misunderstandings, just imagining Cardinal George and Crimson Prince in this room scene was funny, and then the thought of them dancing as the perfect couple.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter about the Magic Institutes

Really interesting, I always wanted to know more about this, hopefully we'll know about their signature magics soon as well. It seems the Yotsuba started their researches before everyone else :XD, wonder who that sponsor is. That overclocking of the MCZ makes me realize again how powerful Katsuto is :o. The HQ- affiliated researches group will certainly have their importance later. Kudou's laboratory with researches about ESP must be one of them.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm not really sure where Volume 13 is going. I get that
Tatsuya doesn't really get to do any of the action in the NSC, but...

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I took a quick look, but I don't see anything new that's been translated since chapter 4 of volume 13.
Based on the modification page, the v5 background is new (July 10), v6 background (july 6), v7 background (july 7), v11 backgrund (july 9),

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Based on the modification page, the v5 background is new (July 10), v6 background (july 6), v7 background (july 7), v11 backgrund (july 9),
Ah, apparently you quoted me as I was editing...I'd seen the information before, so I didn't recognize it as new immediately, but then I realized it was new to BT's page.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Any synopsis on the novel story included with the first BD set for the anime?

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, a story comes with the first bluray set.
Comes with

- jacket and box illustrated by Ishida Kana
- bonus CD with

`Honoka to shizuku no mahou juku'# 1# 2
`Yoku wakaru mahouka!'
creditless OP
PV and CM collection

- 32p booklet-
newly written novel "Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Dreamgame 1"by Sajima Tsutomu and illustrated by Ishida Kana

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Eimi's SS is fully translated.

With this, Vol 5 is completed.

---------- Post added August 09, 2014 at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was August 02, 2014 at 01:32 PM ----------

Volume 14 cover

:hearts

Hopefully Vol 13 will be completed before it's out.

---------- Post added August 25, 2014 at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was August 09, 2014 at 07:56 PM ----------

Volume 13 Chapter 2 is completed.

---------- Post added September 21, 2014 at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was August 25, 2014 at 09:50 PM ----------

Volume 13 Chapter 6 is translated.

There is not enough focus on the competitions this time, the Kuroba twins are awesome, Tomitsuka can use some long range magic mainly thanks to Chiaki who improved, Miyuki is crushing the others, 1st High won Monolith Code again(I assume Masaki was not participating this time). Tatsuya's interactions with Masaki were quite funny, can't believe he was willing to destroy everything with Material burst :XD. Used by the Kudou to fight the P-dolls...

Miyuki...I understand her reason to want to stop Tatsuya but what she was willing to do was over the top, I don't like how she said him to only care about her as well, she can seal Tatsuya's magic at the price of her own...

---------- Post added October 05, 2014 at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was September 21, 2014 at 11:38 PM ----------

Volume 13 is completed!

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Oh, good to see that Volume 13 is finally completed. I'd read parts of it when it was first translated, but then held off until it was completed.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The fights were epic, Tatsuya showing other ways to use magic, Psion can even be used to enhance muscles, Pixie is becoming more human... Really impressed by Minami's skills.

The fights were pretty good but in the end he has been used as a pawn by Kudou... I already knew that Zhou would show up at the end but to learn that he can fight is quite interesting, even though it took him 10 years to create that dog, he must be a powerful Ancient Magic user. Miyuki was unsurprisingly first, not that anyone was a match for her. Next NSC should be more interesting.

Minami in love...I guess the bishie in V14 is Minoru? :o . Mayumi appears on an illustration, again :awe, what is happening for her to blush like that.

Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Well, I don't know if we'll see another NSC, Demon. This NSC was sort of skipped over for the most part.

Well, it had been implied in the past that Zhou had powerful illusory powers, given how he was able to slip through the hospital unnoticed, so Ancient Magic fits for him.

Demonspeed

Damegami
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, I don't know if we'll see another NSC, Demon. This NSC was sort of skipped over for the most part.

Well, it had been implied in the past that Zhou had powerful illusory powers, given how he was able to slip through the hospital unnoticed, so Ancient Magic fits for him.
The third year...

Zhou had used Ghost Walker to go to to the hospital but I didn't see him as strong as...Lu Gonghu for example.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The third year...

Zhou had used Ghost Walker to go to to the hospital but I didn't see him as strong as...Lu Gonghu for example.
I don't know if we'll see the third year's NSC, or if we'll be focusing more on the politics of the 10 Families and everything. I can't imagine that it'll go on too long before Tatsuya kills/deposes Maya, and once that happens, Miyuki and Tatsuya gain new status in the world and might not have time (as they'd be the heirs, you'd be sure that Miyuki would change the way the family sees Tatsuya once she became the Clan Head) to expend to the NSC, given that Miyuki would be the leader of the most powerful family.

Wait, Zhou had Ghost Walker as well? I thought that only the Chinese commander had that...

Lu Gonghu wasn't, in my opinion, all that strong. He was strong against primarily blade wielding combatants, but he failed pretty badly in all of his battles against combatants who didn't solely fight with weapons.

I expected Zhou to be fairly strong, given that the shadow manipulator usually has a certain level of strength in order to be relevant in most stories that contain shadow manipulators.

Last edited: